Footrest / Dead pedal

BLK ISF

Hi guys,

Anyone have any idea how to remove the foot rest in our cars.  Mine is a 2008.

I only noticed the other day when i put a bit of pressure on it, there is a bit of movement and a click so i suspect a clip has broken.  

Ive searched but only found references to other Lexus models.  Ive removed the screws but it doesnt appear to be holding the actual silver plate on so not sure how to remove / fix it.

Couldnt find a reference in the car manual either.

5 minutes ago, plankton007 said:

It simply comes off with a little bit of force.

It's held in by 2 clamp like clips.

you wouldt happen to know what the clips look like.  Im sure 1 is broken so reluctant to pull it out and snap the other one or if i dont have anything to fix it with.

Cant seem to find any clips online to order

The clips are built into the footrest itself.

Instead of clips I guess it's better to say that they're square holes where the floor would hook onto.

You wouldn't be able to replace the grooves but you COULD repair them.

Another (better) alternative is to get a new footrest.

I've attached a photo below but I'm not sure how much help it'll be.

012215 (33).JPG

• Like 1

Cheers mate, that pic helps alot.  Guess ill just have to pry it off and then deal with it or go aftermarket if one fits.  Knowing Lexus it will probably cost a few hundred but atleast it will give a few extra Kw's lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEXUS-06-13-IS350-IS250-SPORT-FOOTREST-STEP-83K-OEM-/121678056236?hash=item1c5493cb2c:g:xY0AAOSwstxVfecy

This one's used but not too bad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-SET-LEXUS-IS350-IS250-ISF-SPORT-BRAKE-PEDAL-FOOTREST-UPGRADE-OEM-2006-2013-/182274561655?hash=item2a70691677:g:ZpAAAOSwknJX0mLs

This one's brand new but shipping kills it. You could probably get it shipped to a US address and use a forwarder. I've used ustooz.com and they're pretty good with their rates and service.

The other option is to find a wrecker I guess. It's the same across the IS250 IS350 ISF so shouldn't be too hard to find.

• Like 1

Before you go ahead and buy any footrest from an IS, just make sure you are buying the footrest that suits RHD. 

I purchased one from the states before and the footrest wasn't compatible.

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies guys.  My Ebay searching skills must be rusty, i didnt find that much when i looked except for the one charging $200 postage lol.

I called Lexus Parramatta, they advised they do sell the clips seperate so based on the picture it looks like it does attach at the base i think.  Ill find out when i remove mine.  The clips are $7.20 each which im hoping it is.

The complete foot rest which comes with clips as well is $185 so ill try to avoid that :-)

Ps Thanks for the RHD tip, i wouldnt even have thought of that 

11 minutes ago, plankton007 said:

IS250 will fit. They are the same across the entire range. Only for Sports models though.

Thks again for the insight.  Besides original not having much luck finding one.  Cant find aftermarket that fits and plenty in the US but LHD.  

Ill keep looking :-)  

Surprisingly the 1 clip is holding on pretty good so thats a bonus if i dont put too much pressure on it lol

1 hour ago, iinkz said:

Your next best bet would be to find one from the wreckers if you want to save some coin

True, just need to call some local wreckers.  End of the day, it doesnt do much for the car so new or not is not important