Upgraded Infotainment system

BLK ISF

Hi guys,

Anyone got any experience using alternative software on their OEM's car entertainment system?

Got this through some emails today and looks promising vs using the outdated interface of the cars factory menu / satnav system.  Especially not being able to navigate whilst in motion which i find annyong yet other manufactures allow it.

http://gromaudio.com/blog/2016/09/vline-lexus-infotainment-upgrade/?pk_campaign=lexus-club

http://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl1-lex5.html

I like the look of something like this as it retains the factory system and you also have the option of using the standard system but also the VLine product with Google maps, voice commands etc.

Always been interested in something like this so just curious if anyone has any experience with this kind of stuff etc

Thx for posting BLK ISF, the support comments say they don't support 2009+ cars yet and in response to Oz enquiry they wanted to see a photo of the OEM screen. I'll watching with interest and keen if there's an early bird special to suit MY12 ISF

• 3 months later...

A good thread going on here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/834943-anyone-getting-the-grom-vline.html

I like the idea. I have an MY12 (2011) F Sport. Indications are it will suit any Lexus build going on info from other threads re the OE headunits.

Post 2009 should be ready soon as well..but not shown yet..

http://gromaudio.com/store/vline/

I have asked if other gps programs will run as I like igo/Primo more so, maps loaded to sd or Android unit.

Dont want to rely on phone data.

From what I've read, theres still alot of buggy issues and most aren't as consistent with quality. We're probably better that they don't have it working on AUDM versions of our 2nd Gen IS until they work out all the kinks. 300-500 USD is quite an investment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I messaged them and yes,  the 2011+ sat nav version is now for pre-sales,  releasing early march. Was ~$550 with postage. Can't wait to give it a go as my android can't stream music to the car currently! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

My name is Chris from Cushie Audio, the Australian distributor for GROM Audio.

Here to help if you guys have any questions about the VLine functionality of compatibility. I plan on ordering in some of the VLine soon, and would be happy to organise a group buy discount if there was demand for it.

Cheers!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cushie Audio said:

Hey All,

My name is Chris from Cushie Audio, the Australian distributor for GROM Audio.

Here to help if you guys have any questions about the VLine functionality of compatibility. I plan on ordering in some of the VLine soon, and would be happy to organise a group buy discount if there was demand for it.

Cheers!

Havent had a chance to follow the thread in a while.  Can you confirm if this will work for my 08 ISF?  Some have mentioned issues for the earlier models like mine :-(

3 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Havent had a chance to follow the thread in a while.  Can you confirm if this will work for my 08 ISF?  Some have mentioned issues for the earlier models like mine :-(

Hey BLK, the LEX5 model will work in your 08 IS F. Just checked with GROM and there's no known issues with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

any update on this? could you confirm if it will work on my car - late 2010 is350 f sport. a working real time video demonstration on an Australian spec car would be good, to see resolution and responsiveness of the program, as others have mentioned, if your going to spend $500, you want it to be awesome, not just "ok". thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, banserki said:

Vline installed and working correctly. Works brilliantly! Finally seamless bluetooth and steering wheel control.

Great to hear.  Read several horror stories from the US forums about various bugs which turned me off for now.  Then i saw a different approach, a double din unit replacing the bottom section from Beat Sonic.  Plug in play harness with various options to stream, playback, works with OEM equipment, steering control etc, android play 

Sits quite low though as no other place it can fit so appearance will be subject to everyones different tastes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Asked Grom a couple of questions re adding (sideloading) apps and info on rev cam.

Answer:

Dear barry,

The factory camera stays functional you just lose the factory USB port function in the vehicle.

You can install applications from the google play store as well as "sideload" applications of your choosing.

The ISF touch screen is a single point touch style screen and does not allow "drag and swipe" or multi touch gestures. Using applications outside what we offer bundled in the vline unit may not work or may have limitations due to this, there are up and down side arrows on the screen but may not do all the functions you need for those apps as they were not designed for our unit or that vehicle. In that case you would need to use a keyboard/touchpad/mouse/controller for full usability of those applications

• 2 weeks later...