Upgraded Infotainment system

BLK ISF

Hi, thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread. I recently got a 2011 ISF which seems they don't have bluetooth music streaming in Australia until the 2012 models. Now looking for a solution to have a setup which allows for bluetooth music streaming. Have come across things like the USASPEC BT45-TOY which will work fine for providing bluetooth music, calls etc. However I would still need my phone on a mount if I wish to use Google Maps. 

Something like this VLine would be amazing, however have read that it still has its bugs and a new VL2 will be released next year. I'm also unsure if it will work with my 2011 ISF. Anyone else able to chime in?

interesting but i’d like to know can we get tv connected in our lexus isfs apparently rx350 has it ,my bmw had it with motion so work while driving 9  7 10 sbs etc ,that’s the only thing i miss about a bmw ,auto elec is trying to work it hoping it can be done 

15 hours ago, bluec63killa said:

interesting but i’d like to know can we get tv connected in our lexus isfs apparently rx350 has it ,my bmw had it with motion so work while driving 9  7 10 sbs etc ,that’s the only thing i miss about a bmw ,auto elec is trying to work it hoping it can be done 

Is yours a 2010? What system do you have currently? Interested to hear how you go with TV - I test drove an e9x M3 and really fell in love with that (I do wait in the car regularly when picking up the mrs).

haven’t got anything yet but i’m researching with auto elec thinking of trying a bmw tv module setup and swapping the plugs to work with lexus as sockets and pins are different apparently but the module to interact with isf standard dash is my other isssue still researching i can get the tv locked once installed working so you can watch the footy news cruising 

babalouie, most probably. It works with MOST android apps.

MY experience has gone from being elated to being disgruntled. The VL1 is riddled with bugs and is currently bricked from their last firmware update.

After spending more time researching, I think the Beatsonic double din solution is probably the better option. I feel that it does look sorta tacky, but have to admit having 2 screens can be useful and I would much rather a trusted a proven head unit manufacturer than the issues I've read about the GROM. Also alleviates the need to cut into glovebox to fit the GROM unit.

still researching on this one boys anything can be done but you don’t want to put anything for the sake of it ,me personally i wouldn’t want an additional screen waiting on my auto elec audio who is trying to work out some good options i’m in no rush and would skip v line he did not recommend it ,glitches etc ..