Joe Z catback

2bling

Not locally, I've called up Lexus of Chatswood recently and they said they don't do it anymore, not since the $ dropped somewhere back in 2012-13.

I've been doing some searching around, your only options are

- bestexhausts - can buy the Borla from there, but they just import it anyways 

- xforce

- buy JoeZ from modinjapan and ship it over from the states.

I was planning on getting the Borla, then found out that the JoeZ is superior in sound and quality/fit/finish (some report more droning and smell from the Borla)

Did a bit more reading and also realized that the ISF stock exhaust doesn't come apart into several parts like the JoeZ etc. and therefore I have no way of getting it back home without renting a van/ute/whatever. 

• Like 1

When i got my Xforce Varex (wanted the option of making it quiet), the fitter offered to bring my stock exhaust back to my place which i thought was nice of him as there is no way it fits in the boot of your car lol.  Lucky my mate has a Ranger so it fitted in that.

Maybe speak to Sonny at Autowerks as i believe he has designed one with performance in mind and he is reasonably knowledgeable when it comes to ISF's.

Ive read some horror stories from the states about ModinJapan.  Horror in terms of delivery dates and people waiting literally months and months for parts to arrive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

When i got my Xforce Varex (wanted the option of making it quiet), the fitter offered to bring my stock exhaust back to my place which i thought was nice of him as there is no way it fits in the boot of your car lol.  Lucky my mate has a Ranger so it fitted in that.

Maybe speak to Sonny at Autowerks as i believe he has designed one with performance in mind and he is reasonably knowledgeable when it comes to ISF's.

Ive read some horror stories from the states about ModinJapan.  Horror in terms of delivery dates and people waiting literally months and months for parts to arrive.

How do you like the Xforce i don't want the Varex  funny ModinJapan have a group Joe Z buy at the moment i think i will pass cheers.

I like it.  Then again i havent been in other ISF's to compare but i get plenty of stares and compliments.  When tested it was 91db which i was shocked.  My wrx was high 90s and very old corolla high 90s lol.  So for something that is almost legal, it can definitely be heard.  I have no real drone, sounds sweet on song and downshifting etc.  I dont get underneath the car to inspect weld quality etc but ive had it for about 9 months or so and yep still happy with it so cant complain

In my case the varex works great at 5am startups (its actually a touch quieter than standard).

From memory it gave me approx 15kw at the wheels (comparing to another ISF, almost identical mods except the catback), same dyno etc

I dont know for sure about delivery times for modinjapan but based on many US forum members, the general view is that its slow.  I read several who ordered stuff back in July and its still on a container somwehere.

1 hour ago, ich1ban said:

Did a bit more reading and also realized that the ISF stock exhaust doesn't come apart into several parts like the JoeZ etc. and therefore I have no way of getting it back home without renting a van/ute/whatever. 

the exhaust fits in the cabin :) 

fold down the passanger seat all the way (blanket everything) 

move the drivers seat all the way forward - the end of the exhaust (mid section)will be sitting above the drivers side passanger headrest.

move drivers seat back - your golden.

2bling - the x force (had for 6 months) is great - not too loud, not too quiet so its a good balance and for the price its hard to go wrong.. I paid $1350 installed.

Vaku - You got your stock one to fit in the car, im impressed lol.  The fitter and i looked at it and thought no way in hell unless you had it half hanging out the sunroof haha.  It even looked big in the back of a ranger.  You must have the non varex right.  I paid about $1800 for mine there abouts for the Varex (2 remotes supplied) although the new units have the bluetooth smart module that can be controlled via your phone.

9 minutes ago, 2bling said:

Did anyone have CEL problems after fitting the Xforce cheers.

I did at one point but havent had it in months now.  Not entirely sure if i cold attribute it to the exhaust as it first happened months after fitting it.  Was going to fit an 02 spacer that adddresses it but never got around to it and its never come back.

Now that ive had it tuned, it may never come back.  I believe someone posted that Xforce actually sell a part that corrects this.  So even though it may not be required, it could be a preventative measure and easier to install while getting an exhaust done.  something like the below i believe can be used - antifouler plug/spacer

IScreenshot_20160907-001154.jpg

2blig

I have had my xforce cat back system ( non varex ) on for nearly a year now & quality is very good, so i think anyway.  5 year warranty also. If you are not sure ring Xforce head office in Sydney & speak to Dean there. Ask him all the questions you like & as for the sound  :yahoo:

Also no check lights on & we disconnected the battery before we fitted it aslo to be safe & to also help the ECU to do a re-learn.

Finally, NO DRONE.    

3 hours ago, Vaku said:

the exhaust fits in the cabin :) 

fold down the passanger seat all the way (blanket everything) 

move the drivers seat all the way forward - the end of the exhaust (mid section)will be sitting above the drivers side passanger headrest.

move drivers seat back - your golden.

2bling - the x force (had for 6 months) is great - not too loud, not too quiet so its a good balance and for the price its hard to go wrong.. I paid $1350 installed.

Haha yeh I just googled it, came across an ancient thread where some people showed how to fit it in their car - not sure if i'd want to do that to mine though, really don't want to damage the trim/seats/or whatever in the car.

Also read that someone has been waiting ages for their tom's diffuser or something from modinjapan and they never got replied to until they made a thread on clublexus.

I think the general consensus is JoeZ > Borla > XForce? 

Also supposedly there are a number of people that have issues with the varex system on the XForce.