Just sold the ISF and Purchased a GSF.

Peter G

Hey all, i am not sure where i belong now. LOL.  I cant see a GSF forum as yet.I have sold the ISF (MY11) and have purchased a GSF. I have loved owning a ISF for the past 4 years and enjoyed it immensely. Going to the GSF well what can i say, the engineers have done a remarkable job of it. Between the performance increase but especially the handling i can say that it is a phenomenal car. I was wondering does anyone else have a GSF at this time.

Oh Peter im so jealous.. Those seats, that engine, that car, enjoy my friend..

So jelly that it hurts a bit!!

I have test driven them a few times, and even got to belt one around on the skid pan. Whilst not as "brutal" or "raw" as the ISF, its a huge step up in refinement and driving comfort. I am 6'3, with two kids, and work in property (in the car all day), and would just about give a testicle to switch from the ISF to the GSF. 

I will probably switch but in another 18 months or so when i can afford it haha!

Now go slap a set of headers and an exhaust and enjoy :yahoo:

Thanks guys. I almost had to sell a kidney to get it as well but the guys at Lexus of Chatswood made me a great offer. Im 6'1 as well Sparky and can appreciate the comfort of the GSF and the fact i have 2 teenage kids so going out will be a lot more comfortable. I assume i might be a little lonely on this forum for a short time but hopefully we get a bigger group soon.

Sparky it is the same car from Lexus of Chatswood. Blue with black alcantara and it only has heated seats. Im not too worried about missing ventillated seats with Alcantara. I was drooling after my test drive 2 weeks ago and had a few sleepless nights tossing up not wether i wanted it but the price tag. But no regrets now and i get alot of people looking at me because they've never seen a GSF before.

• Like 1

Thanks Sparky. Im not sure if you can opt for ventilated seats with the Alcantara or if it is only available with the leather seats. I quite like the Alcantara option though. It wasn't going to be a deal breaker for me. I would have loved to have it in my ISF all these years especially being full leather. But for the price i paid for the GSF, i was not going to complain at all. I don't think i could find anything i don't love about it. Probably the only thing i need to do is find stickier tyres. Those Michelin Pilot Super Sports cannot hold on properly.

Wow great upgrade.  As much as i love my ISF, the interior is showing its age vs newer cars.  Given mine is a daily ride and in traffic regularly, the interior becomes very important and what a step up the GSF/RCF are.

I can imagine the stares.  Most people dont even know what an ISF is let alone a GSF lol.  Most think mine is a IS250 with F badges etc.  Lexus have confused the hell out of everyone with F sport on everything.

Dont think ive seen any on the road yet but see an ISF about once every few weeks.  I wonder how long before you start modifying it :-)

One of the biggest let downs for me is the interior room.  its tight and i have child seats in mine.  Never realised how much longer the GSF is in comparison.  I think the ISF is about the same size as a WRX i used to own but the difference is the ISF engine is so much longer and given the decent boot space, the interior suffers :-(

Anyways enjoy which im sure you will 

Thanks BLK ISF. I have to say the GSF is a very comfortable 5 seater. Its nice to have the extra space. The GSF has had some good reviews which will help get it more known to the public. It definately  deserves it in my opinion. Im not sure about the mods at this time. It sound pretty good as it is but you never know. 

I tried that once with my ISF, full exhaust and headers and found it was too loud. I did however have the headers with the standard exhaust and loved it. Had most of the power gain but was still quiet enough. I still have the headers but dont think they will fit on the GSF. 

On 10/02/2017 at 11:48 AM, Peter G said:

I tried that once with my ISF, full exhaust and headers and found it was too loud. I did however have the headers with the standard exhaust and loved it. Had most of the power gain but was still quiet enough. I still have the headers but dont think they will fit on the GSF. 

So much mods being done to the new models by Rafi and his team in the states. Headers, exhaust, super charger etc. 

Shame the GSF doesn't get the attention but it's kind of in its own class. They always mention the hipo Audis, AMG, M3 etc but they cost a lot more. Wish there was a conversion to get your speedometer in our cars, love those LFA inspired dials 

Just out of curiosity, did you consider waiting for the Alfa Giulia GV.  Supposed to be released sometime this month and for about 140-150k from what i read, similar to the GSF.

Dont get me wrong i love the ISF/GSF/RCF with its great V8 engines but damn, that thing is fast and getting alot of praise for overall performance.  I know the Alfa doesnt scream reliability but what an engine. 

BLK ISF Unfortunately the Alfa Giulia was never a consideration despite whatever the performance. The MAIN reason is for the reliability. What there of. Second of all the resale value. For me i have alot of respect for LEXUS for their reliability, running costs, build quality and as everything else the badge stands for. And the fact that the wife is a more one eyed LEXUS nut than i am. I do also respect the engineering with the German vehicles but again the horror stories and expensive running costs especially a few years down the track have deterred me. 

Got to say again the GSF is such a totally different car to the ISF. And i love the ISF. It was the start of a beautiful relationship with LEXUS.

2 hours ago, Peter G said:

BLK ISF Unfortunately the Alfa Giulia was never a consideration despite whatever the performance. The MAIN reason is for the reliability. What there of. Second of all the resale value. For me i have alot of respect for LEXUS for their reliability, running costs, build quality and as everything else the badge stands for. And the fact that the wife is a more one eyed LEXUS nut than i am. I do also respect the engineering with the German vehicles but again the horror stories and expensive running costs especially a few years down the track have deterred me. 

Got to say again the GSF is such a totally different car to the ISF. And i love the ISF. It was the start of a beautiful relationship with LEXUS.

Fair enough :-)  No doubting the reliability factor and knowing we can rev our cars all day everyday without fear of something breaking :-)

Was just curious because a few threads in the states popped up like changed to a GTR, or Giulia etc.

Definitely love the practically of a useable 4 door with interior space as well.  Very envious :-)

Ps Lucky you to be married to a Lexus fan lol.  My wife isnt a fan of anything fast so she had no problem me getting the ISF until she drove it for herself.  Too late by then haha.

Congrats Peter, have you taken delivery of the car yet? I don't think that blue one in your HUGE signature is your car.

There is a grey GS-F goes around Sydney world square, looks so good in the flesh with muscle car stance, definitely a standout.

I have a 2 year old kid and maybe another one next year, so also looking to upgrade to a GS for more leg room. Always love the 3GS look than the 3IS. Don't think I can quite reach the GS-F but definitely the facelifted GS350F is on the shopping list. Waiting for the next L'exhibition