Headers for ISF

Alexl8891

Hi guys/girls, 

Can anyone recommend an installer for headers in Brisbane? Also what is rough price for installation? 

Also can anyone here tell me the difference they felt with headers installed? Major power upgrade or just minor from drivers seat perspective? 

Thanks, 

Alex. 

Cant comment about Bris as im Syd based but as for the headers, myself and many others have dreamt about getting headers for ages now.  Ive never ever seen anyone make negative remarks besides the price.  Most say it provides big power gains here and the US forums.  More so than an exhaust, intake etc, however expect to pay.  

Think from memory PPE, Sikky etc are up near the 3k mark and installation is not straight forward, its time consuming.

I believe PPE have a revised newer version of their headers released for more power gains.

A large exhaust workshop advised me that they could custom make me headers with similar specs to the PPE design, fitted etc for about 3.5k (that was late last year sometime).

Good luck in your endeavours, hope you get some nice ones installed.

I’m in Sydney & have PPE headers on my ISF, & I like them.  they make the ISF a little nosier inside the cabin, but it’s a nice rumble sound.   most things you do to n/a ISF won’t give you huge gains, like sticking a supercharger on, but you do notice them, & they all add up to a good gain, & a great sound.  Like BLK ISF said, headers would give more kw, than a cat back exhaust, & so on.

It’s a big job to fit the headers to the ISF, & must be fitted from under the vehicle.   they have to drop the front sub frame and steering box off, while they support the engine.   the steering column shaft goes through the right hand side header.   I would only trust someone that has done many ISF’s before.

On 29/05/2017 at 0:52 PM, LTuned said:

I’m in Sydney & have PPE headers on my ISF, & I like them.  they make the ISF a little nosier inside the cabin, but it’s a nice rumble sound.   most things you do to n/a ISF won’t give you huge gains, like sticking a supercharger on, but you do notice them, & they all add up to a good gain, & a great sound.  Like BLK ISF said, headers would give more kw, than a cat back exhaust, & so on.

It’s a big job to fit the headers to the ISF, & must be fitted from under the vehicle.   they have to drop the front sub frame and steering box off, while they support the engine.   the steering column shaft goes through the right hand side header.   I would only trust someone that has done many ISF’s before.

Do you have exhaust as well? Or just stock with headers? I've heard it's like being on sport mode all the time. Any truth in that? 

Yeah still searching for someone in Brisbane who can do it. 

9 hours ago, Alexl8891 said:

BLK isf... you wouldn't be interested in a group buy or know of anyone else interested? Just trying to get a quote on it atm for PPE headers. 

Could be pending the price.  In some ways im secretly happy its pricey to stop me from doing it if that makes sense.

Ive read on some US club posts that the new Sikky give more power but costs more so probably similar with the PPE's overall.  Think one seller was showing SIkky for about 1800US from memory

Yeah i could be keen pending the price as well, but i have a sneaky suspicion that a group buy will not take the sting out of the price. 

They are expensive!

When i first joined the forum there was a member selling a set of almost brand new PPE headers ceramic coated, for $1600, and i let them slip through my hands.. What an idiot..

2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Yeah i could be keen pending the price as well, but i have a sneaky suspicion that a group buy will not take the sting out of the price. 

They are expensive!

When i first joined the forum there was a member selling a set of almost brand new PPE headers ceramic coated, for $1600, and i let them slip through my hands.. What an idiot..

Holy crap, for $1600 i would of snapped that up.  Ps not trying to rub it in as you already know you lost out on that one lol.

I also have a JoeZ exhaust, an intake pipe & the ECU tune,  all up, I’d say almost 70kw atw’s over a stock ISF.  I’ve had my ISF since 2009, & did the mods over the years, & with each mod it felt better.  the throttle does feels good, & the ISF does get going.

Yeah I expect the price will still be exorbitant (which is a damn shame!) but the shipping costs will be much lower which is better than having to pay for full amount. 

According to Lexmania he has an installer who can install it for a very good price. That is for NSW people only. 

The ISF is fast, but it needs to be faster and more violent... not enough violence lol. 

I'll let you all know about the price. 

1 hour ago, LTuned said:

I also have a JoeZ exhaust, an intake pipe & the ECU tune,  all up, I’d say almost 70kw atw’s over a stock ISF.  I’ve had my ISF since 2009, & did the mods over the years, & with each mod it felt better.  the throttle does feels good, & the ISF does get going.

Anymore future mods? How many kms have you racked up in it if you don't me asking? 

No more mods planed for now, but let’s see what comes along.   I have also fitted the Lexus torsen diff, as my 2009 ISF didn’t have it.  as of today, I have 34,931km on her.   I baby mine too much, & only drive the ISF when the weather is good.   it is a fun machine, which I plan to keep for a while longer.

WP_20170531_12_59_52.thumb.jpg.92cda2e233d5516ea0f57821d902559a.jpg 

• Like 1

34,931!!!!!!! Holy smokes that's amazing. Your car must be immaculate, must look like it drove off the showroom floor.  

Wish I could do that, mine is now a daily driver, part of me hurts as the k's rack up but I enjoy driving it too much.  

There is a cheaper way to this madness. Remove the stock headers, cut off the stock cat/converters below the primary oxygen sensor & weld new 200 cell high flow stainless cats. Power difference of around 5kws less at the wheels as compared to headers ( proven in the U.S ) . To drop the sub frame and do this would take around 3 hours. Sikky headers have released a video showing how to install their headers, it is on the ISF usa forum. The work is easier than people think. High flow stainless cats around $180-200 each. But if you are to do this fit a cat back system to reap the benefits. Otherwise cut the flanges off the stock headers & replace them with 3 inch flanges as compared to 2 inch. There is a really good gain just from doing that. ( 13kws atw ) 

• Like 2

Cut a long story short, no. Had the time to do it last xmas but was lazy, holiday mode. So we cut off the flanges from the stock headers & fitted 3 inch flanges.It was an easy mod with very good gains considering how cheap it was, only $260.00 with an exhaust shop we use. I am still thinking to do it, it is just a matter of making the time to do it & not tying up a hoist in our workshop for too long. The next best thing was porting out the inlet manifold. There were very good gains there, done it 4 weeks ago. This is what we did, same as this link below.  We gave the inlet manifold to a reconditioner that we use & he did his work. The trick to our engines is flow flow flow. 

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219

14 hours ago, Peterkay said:

There is a cheaper way to this madness. Remove the stock headers, cut off the stock cat/converters below the primary oxygen sensor & weld new 200 cell high flow stainless cats.

Let me see if I have this correct, you recommend to remove the stock header, remove the standard cats, and fit new fancy cats, then refit the standard exhaust manifolds back on the ISF..    all that extra work & money to refit a stock exhaust manifold, to me that is madness.  

Just a thought, if you go to all the trouble & expense to remove the standard exhaust manifold, why not just fit headers!!

7 minutes ago, LTuned said:

Let me see if I have this correct, you recommend to remove the stock header, remove the standard cats, and fit new fancy cats, then refit the standard exhaust manifolds back on the ISF..    all that extra work & money to refit a stock exhaust manifold, to me that is madness.  

Just a thought, if you go to all the trouble & expense to remove the standard exhaust manifold, why not fit just headers!!

Hahahaha i knew this would happen. In the US RR Racing motor sports have done this & found there to be a 6hp difference in favour of headers. They have a race car that they have just simply de-catted & left the stock headers on there.  So for those that are looking to save dollars why not. I am sure that after your headers you have fancy cats also :wink3:

15 hours ago, Peterkay said:

Cut a long story short, no. Had the time to do it last xmas but was lazy, holiday mode. So we cut off the flanges from the stock headers & fitted 3 inch flanges.It was an easy mod with very good gains considering how cheap it was, only $260.00 with an exhaust shop we use. I am still thinking to do it, it is just a matter of making the time to do it & not tying up a hoist in our workshop for too long. The next best thing was porting out the inlet manifold. There were very good gains there, done it 4 weeks ago. This is what we did, same as this link below.  We gave the inlet manifold to a reconditioner that we use & he did his work. The trick to our engines is flow flow flow. 

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219

I actually did the flange trick you mention above, and i think for what it is and what it costs it gives a great outcome.

With the porting, do you mind sending me a message about what the cost was? Now there is going to be a couple of questions, hope its not annoying, but Im very intrigued:

• Did you do the throttle body as well?
  • How long did the work take?
  • What gains did you get?
  • Is there a noticeable difference in throttle response?
  • What are your impressions?

Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, Sparky said:

With the porting, do you mind sending me a message about what the cost was? Now there is going to be a couple of questions, hope its not annoying, but Im very intrigued:

Message sent 

5 hours ago, banserki said:

Make it public, how much was it all?

Too easy. Engine Reconditioner spent 3hrs @ 80 an hour with the port work. Time I spent to r & r the inlet manifold 2hrs.  

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...