Headers for ISF

Alexl8891

On 5/31/2017 at 5:59 PM, Peterkay said:

There is a cheaper way to this madness. Remove the stock headers, cut off the stock cat/converters below the primary oxygen sensor & weld new 200 cell high flow stainless cats. Power difference of around 5kws less at the wheels as compared to headers ( proven in the U.S ) . To drop the sub frame and do this would take around 3 hours. Sikky headers have released a video showing how to install their headers, it is on the ISF usa forum. The work is easier than people think. High flow stainless cats around $180-200 each. But if you are to do this fit a cat back system to reap the benefits. Otherwise cut the flanges off the stock headers & replace them with 3 inch flanges as compared to 2 inch. There is a really good gain just from doing that. ( 13kws atw ) 

Hey Mate 

Who did the exhaust work for you? I'm looking at header options atm and this sounds like the best value option by far. 

23 hours ago, andymac said:

Hey Mate 

Who did the exhaust work for you? I'm looking at header options atm and this sounds like the best value option by far. 

Hi there, 

It was a exhaust shop here on the Gold Coast that did it for me. We have our own workshop but i don`t do exhaust mods/welds/cutting etc.... just standard fitting only. So because i know these guys,  when i took the car to them and raised it on their hoist i then showed them exactly what i wanted them to do. Took them 3 hours all up & was quite easy. All this rant about how hard it is to remove and replace the headers is utter bull crap. So with that i can say it was well worth the mod. Yes it made the car louder but it is a deeper loudness. We love it. 

Do you think they would do the same job again on my car? As well as welding up the cracked factory headers. I'm on the tweed coast and the lexus dealer at southport isnt interested in installing aftermarker headers so this sounds like a much better value option.