Help!!! Looking at purchasing a Lexus ISF 2012 Model. Your Advise / Comments would be appreciated

Hi guys

Just a quick question. What sought of Km's do you get with your isf's? My driving is mainly urban so I would expect around 380km per tank?

Am I under estimating or over estimating? I appreciate the point about it depending on how you drive. 

Hi Howiefied

How good is the information you supplied?!?!! Is this an app? I'm guessing you had to add all the information in to track your consumption? 

Without breaking out the calculator, I think I was pretty close guessing 380km per tank with urban. I found a thread on this website after I messaged my question, with all different results, some good, some really bad. From memory, your ISF is fairly modified. Modified cars normally consume more fuel? What fuel do you run?

Lastly, I really appreciate the advise and help I have had from this forum. Every question  has been answered with clarity and sensibility and has put my mind at ease. Which now brings me to another question. In the back of my mind, the 69k on the clock is bugging me a little. I would love a 40-50k ISF, 2012+, white, one owner, non smoker etc. I have been looking for 6 months or so. The vehicle I have found ticks all boxes, but not the kms. A lot of the vehicles I looked at were 60k plus. Also, I've noticed a lot have been multiple owners. My next point is I would probably do around 8k a year. 

Am I over analysing things? 

53 minutes ago, Sam G said:

Hi Howiefied

How good is the information you supplied?!?!! Is this an app? I'm guessing you had to add all the information in to track your consumption? 

Without breaking out the calculator, I think I was pretty close guessing 380km per tank with urban. I found a thread on this website after I messaged my question, with all different results, some good, some really bad. From memory, your ISF is fairly modified. Modified cars normally consume more fuel? What fuel do you run?

Lastly, I really appreciate the advise and help I have had from this forum. Every question  has been answered with clarity and sensibility and has put my mind at ease. Which now brings me to another question. In the back of my mind, the 69k on the clock is bugging me a little. I would love a 40-50k ISF, 2012+, white, one owner, non smoker etc. I have been looking for 6 months or so. The vehicle I have found ticks all boxes, but not the kms. A lot of the vehicles I looked at were 60k plus. Also, I've noticed a lot have been multiple owners. My next point is I would probably do around 8k a year. 

Am I over analysing things? 

Hi Sam, the app is called Road Trip.  I add the data in after every fill and I use it to track all expenses such as registration, etc.

My ISF is stock apart from an X-Force cat back.  Purchased when it had around 48k, has not missed a beat at all.  If you check out the mileage threads on clublexus forums you'll see plenty of cars there well over 200,000kms with only general maintenance.  Being a lexus they are rock solid.  I'm on my third lexus now and every single one has been completely reliable.

On 25/06/2017 at 11:11 AM, Howiefied said:

Hi Sam, the app is called Road Trip.  I add the data in after every fill and I use it to track all expenses such as registration, etc.

My ISF is stock apart from an X-Force cat back.  Purchased when it had around 48k, has not missed a beat at all.  If you check out the mileage threads on clublexus forums you'll see plenty of cars there well over 200,000kms with only general maintenance.  Being a lexus they are rock solid.  I'm on my third lexus now and every single one has been completely reliable.

Hi Howiefied

I think if I end up purchasing an ISF, my mods will be very similar to yours. Nice dark tint, exhaust, and possibly a flat bottom steering wheel.

I can't thank you guys enough. You have put my mind at ease.

Hmm 380km per tank.  Trust me, you'll be enjoying driving it too much to achieve that haha.  Ok seriously though, i have achieved about 380 but thats a few times when time has gotten the better of me and my fuel light has come on which i usually avoid by filling up with about 20% left.  I normally get about 350km give or take but as said, thats about 20% left.

Not meaning to sound blunt, but id say for many ISF owners, its great if you can get plenty of km's per tank but im not fussed if i dont.  Fuel economy wasnt high on my priority list for an ISF haha.

As for the km's the car has, that wouldnt bother me.  As others have mentioned, they are very reliable and less km's doesnt mean its any more reliable, pending the life its had.  As long as its been well cared for, serviced regularly, genuine or good quality aftermarket parts etc, then you'll be fine.  

With your average yearly km's, you'll bring the average down.  When you go to sell the car, the lower the kms the better but beyond that, drive it and enjoy it.  69k on an ISF is nothing.

When you get it theres several things you can do to it or just leave it stock.  There is things such as:

Exhuast

Tint

Filter / Air intake

Good set of tyres

Headers

Tune

Body parts such as front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser (Toms etc)

USRS (RR Racing steering bushes)

RR Racing oil/air seperator

Better brakes / rotors

Apexi throttle controller...........and plenty more

7 hours ago, Spec said:

I've got mine listed for sale - My11 though.

In Vic, so might save you on some of the transport costs - or drive down as well. 

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/13817-for-sale-lexus-2010-isf-my-2011/

Thanks Spec. I've seen your car on carsales and it's really nice. Problem is Ive got my heart set on white exterior, full black interior. My last 4 cars have been white. 

2 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Hmm 380km per tank.  Trust me, you'll be enjoying driving it too much to achieve that haha.  Ok seriously though, i have achieved about 380 but thats a few times when time has gotten the better of me and my fuel light has come on which i usually avoid by filling up with about 20% left.  I normally get about 350km give or take but as said, thats about 20% left.

Not meaning to sound blunt, but id say for many ISF owners, its great if you can get plenty of km's per tank but im not fussed if i dont.  Fuel economy wasnt high on my priority list for an ISF haha.

As for the km's the car has, that wouldnt bother me.  As others have mentioned, they are very reliable and less km's doesnt mean its any more reliable, pending the life its had.  As long as its been well cared for, serviced regularly, genuine or good quality aftermarket parts etc, then you'll be fine.  

With your average yearly km's, you'll bring the average down.  When you go to sell the car, the lower the kms the better but beyond that, drive it and enjoy it.  69k on an ISF is nothing.

When you get it theres several things you can do to it or just leave it stock.  There is things such as:

Exhuast

Tint

Filter / Air intake

Good set of tyres

Headers

Tune

Body parts such as front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser (Toms etc)

USRS (RR Racing steering bushes)

RR Racing oil/air seperator

Better brakes / rotors

Apexi throttle controller...........and plenty more

Your right. I took a 2010 blue isf for a test drive a while ago and loved it. I enjoyed it so much better than my Audi 2015 S3 sedan I previously had. The ISF is so well balanced, comfort and performance. The seats are so nice to sit in. I was shocked how comfortable the rear seats where. Like a lounge. Pity I won't be sitting in them much. 

To be honest, I had my older brother in my ear about fuel consumption. Typical accountant. I totally agree with you and I don't think it will bother me. I'm currently driving a work vehicle, a Holden rodeo 2005, petrol 4x4. That my friend, is like driving a boat. And fuel consumption, like 320km to the tank if I'm lucky, almost running on fumes. ABSOLUTE PIG

You have a point about the kms. I never thought of it in that way. Nice work. 

I've told myself, if I do land this ISF, I'll only do tint, exhaust and flat bottom steering wheel. Problem is, I think a lot of the fun is doing the mods and seeing / feeling / hearing the results! 

Thanks for your advise and ideas $$$ :) 

theres an unwritten rule about owning a sports car: dont talk about fuel consumption. 

its like signing upto the gym but complaining about getting sweaty. 

its part of the package :)

• Like 2

Hi guys

Update: ISF has been inspected. Report looks really good. Photo's great. Today I sent bank cheque to VIP who are handling secure hand over. If all goes well

vehicle will leave Sydney this Friday. Once the ISF arrives into Perth, I'll take some snaps and upload them.

Howiefied, I have a quick question for you as I remember your ISF is a similar vintage to the one I am purchasing. Does the two front door doorsill

lexus logo's light up when the door is opened?

I fitted OEM LED door sills to my last Lexus and it looked great.

Lastly, I emailed one of the members from this website yesterday, Michael, regarding purchasing the auto folding mirror kit. I found the original thread, but it was really

old. Does anyone still keep in contact with Michael? The email on the thread was - MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au - Maybe his email address has changed or shall I wait a few

more days?

Sorry, I also wanted to ask if anyone has changed the interior lights to LED on there ISF?

I did it when I had the IS 350 F Sport. I purchased a LED kit from ebay.

I emailed a ISF owner from Carsales who had a blue ISF. He advised me he purchased his LED's from Precision LED. I've done a quick google and I'm reading negative comments about the Precision LED's.

One particular comment about the Precision LED's is when the interior LED's dim, they flicker.

I've read iJdmtoys.com do good quality LED's.

Has anyone had experience regarding LED's for there ISF?

Cool white 8000K or Crystal White 6000K?

I put a kit in my ISF, and they are *BLEEP*. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-White-LED-Map-Light-Interior-Package-Kit-for-Lexus-IS250-IS350-11-14-x15pcs-/252722128520?hash=item3ad769a688:g:N58AAOSw5cNYbcVL

They flicker, they sent two wrong globes, and one of the globes strobes in and out sometimes. When i get around to it i may get the real deal from iJdmtoys.com..

16 hours ago, Sam G said:

Howiefied, I have a quick question for you as I remember your ISF is a similar vintage to the one I am purchasing. Does the two front door doorsill

lexus logo's light up when the door is opened?

I fitted OEM LED door sills to my last Lexus and it looked great.

No mine doesn't light up Sam.  I understand there are LED's under the sills though and all it requires is a feed to the door switch (+positive wire), why they didn't hook it up from factory I have no idea.

11 hours ago, Sparky said:

I put a kit in my ISF, and they are *BLEEP*. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-White-LED-Map-Light-Interior-Package-Kit-for-Lexus-IS250-IS350-11-14-x15pcs-/252722128520?hash=item3ad769a688:g:N58AAOSw5cNYbcVL

They flicker, they sent two wrong globes, and one of the globes strobes in and out sometimes. When i get around to it i may get the real deal from iJdmtoys.com..

Thanks Sparky. I think you answered my question about which brand to buy. iJdmtoys sounds the go. Cheers

4 hours ago, Howiefied said:

No mine doesn't light up Sam.  I understand there are LED's under the sills though and all it requires is a feed to the door switch (+positive wire), why they didn't hook it up from factory I have no idea.

When i had my IS 350 F Sport, which was from memory, January 12 build, was very easy to fit new sills. I'm hoping the ISF that I'll be receiving will be the same.  All I had to do was purchase new sills which had LED's fitted, remove existing sills, which levered off (no fixings) Once removed, there was a wiring loom, with female plug, just taped up sitting there. Simply plug in new sill and click back in. One of the easiest mods to do apart from changing the gear knob.

Nothing surprises me though. My 350 F Sport had auto folding mirrors standard, but a 120K + car, same year, even more recent, did not have this as standard. Go figure!!?

1 hour ago, Howiefied said:

Nah what i meant was I think they already are led sills so you may not need to buy new sills, it's just missing the harness for power.

Ok cool. Strange as you said before. That wouldn't be hard to modify though. I will let you know how I go

Hi guys

Just a quick question. The isf that im receiving from Sydney, December 2012 build, I know it would have an immobiliser, but would it come standard with some sort of alarm? 

If so, what type? Siren or triggering of horn? Any lights flashing? Glass break sensors or vibration sensors? 

If not, anyone fitted a aftermarket alarm they recommend or is there an OEM system available?

Cheers

8 hours ago, Sam G said:

Hi guys

Just a quick question. The isf that im receiving from Sydney, December 2012 build, I know it would have an immobiliser, but would it come standard with some sort of alarm? 

If so, what type? Siren or triggering of horn? Any lights flashing? Glass break sensors or vibration sensors? 

If not, anyone fitted a aftermarket alarm they recommend or is there an OEM system available?

Cheers

They all come standard with a standard Toyota alarm system from the factory, which normally utilises the horn and indicators. That said, Toyota used the standard horn noise which is high pitched and harsh as you would find in any Toyota vehicle, whilst the Lexus uses a more subtle horn tone, therefore I'd say it's more a siren in Lexus products. 

How it gets triggered, I don't know as luckily it has never been needed, however you can manually operate it via the key fob.

12 hours ago, Noodle Boy said:

They all come standard with a standard Toyota alarm system from the factory, which normally utilises the horn and indicators. That said, Toyota used the standard horn noise which is high pitched and harsh as you would find in any Toyota vehicle, whilst the Lexus uses a more subtle horn tone, therefore I'd say it's more a siren in Lexus products. 

How it gets triggered, I don't know as luckily it has never been needed, however you can manually operate it via the key fob.

Fantastic. I totally forgot about that button on the controllers. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for reminding me. Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 0:03 PM, ilv1004s said:

in regards to LED sills

no isf dont come with LED sills

you need to get LED sills off a IS250/350 Sports luxury or from overseas

Thank you for confirming this. Looks like ebay here I come! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Finally received the F, about 2 weeks ago. Loving the comfort and that mid ranged note!

Fitted tint straight away. LED's internally. Ended up using Precision LED, 6K. Its actually really bright! LED's dim perfect.

Also fitted a F sports shift selector.

My next venture is exhaust, which I'm almost sold on a Xforce Varex.

Air intake? Can you guys recommend a good quality air intake, which works well and is aesthetically appealing? I don't mind spending a little

more.

Cheers

20170801_081445_resized.jpg

20170805_094102_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Grats on the pick up.  She's a beauty.

As for intakes that work, look up HPS silicone intake with Afe filter.  They're about $220ish plus $70 for filter.  There are other better looking ones such as the RR Racing Titanium group buy going on at clublexus that looks mint but it's obviously metal so will have heat soak.