PPE header group buy

ilv1004s

20 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Local exhaust shops do hi flow cats for about $200ish i think but PPE want.  

Atleast PPE site is on sale vs 330ish for RR Racing for the magnaflows.  We need 2 of them so thats already about 550US + postage.

Not sure of the comparison in regards to flow between a hiflow local perforamnce cat vs the Magnaflow ones PPE and RR use.  

Would be good to know how you go, cheers.

Ok, went to see PEC in Northmead this morning, saw Hakan and Arthur, got quoted $450 each side fully installed with Magnaflow High Flow 100 Cell 2.5" CAT, if you want TIG weld then extra $50 each side. So $1000 for the total job, how's that sound? or maybe just put back the stock exhaust lol.

4 hours ago, LTuned said:

congratulations on the ISF, you will enjoy the it.   they are a fun vehicle, & they just keep on going.    I remember ISFBloke & his ISF.   did a few track days through Lexus at Eastern Creek, & one at Wakefield with him.    you could get a varex type of exhaust to make it quieter when you need.    I like the way the PPE headers and JoeZ exhaust sounds.   it is a bit loud if I leave home early in the morning, but such is life.

Thanks John, I had exchanged a few messages with ISFBloke just before buying his old car, took it straight to Burrows Day at SMSP last week, such an awesome car, chasing up a few 911s at ease but only losing around the corners to other AWD cars. Chris Marriott the Master Tech at Chatswood Lexus helped me with vehicle inspection and track prep. I'm really loving the car, just need to change a few things to make it more livable for me. :yes: 

6 hours ago, kyo said:

Ok, went to see PEC in Northmead this morning, saw Hakan and Arthur, got quoted $450 each side fully installed with Magnaflow High Flow 100 Cell 2.5" CAT, if you want TIG weld then extra $50 each side. So $1000 for the total job, how's that sound? or maybe just put back the stock exhaust lol.

Damn didnt think that expensive.  Guess by the time you got them from the US, then add shipping and labour here to install, its all relative.  Best bet is to find a possible cheaper place local with similar or same cats.  Magnaflow seems the ones to get based on RR, PPE etc.

A few exhaust shops rattled off figures such as $250ish each.  Think its time i called again and pin them to a specific quote and for what type of cat.  No point installing a restrictive one lol

4 hours ago, 2bling said:

Give Sureflo exhausts a ring ballistic cats are the best all sizes.

Yeah they definitely look like good cats.  I called them, he wasnt 100% familiar with the car setup so said about $300 each if easy (as per some car designs) and upto $500 each pending the difficulty, accessability to where to weld them in etc.  So $600 - 1k but im sure its closer to the 1k which is similar to Kyo's quote at Northmead.  The only difference being the brand, Ballistic to Magnaflow i guess.

No wander some are tempted to remain catless, much cheaper initially lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Yeah they definitely look like good cats.  I called them, he wasnt 100% familiar with the car setup so said about $300 each if easy (as per some car designs) and upto $500 each pending the difficulty, accessability to where to weld them in etc.  So $600 - 1k but im sure its closer to the 1k which is similar to Kyo's quote at Northmead.  The only difference being the brand, Ballistic to Magnaflow i guess.

No wander some are tempted to remain catless, much cheaper initially lol

Yep

17238838_10155311097047638_1411503207_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LTuned said:

It’s been a while, & no one has commented on what they think of their new PPE headers.    how are they?

Unfortunately they still have not arrived yet!

When they finally do, ill be sharing my thoughts once installed

• Confused 1

First and last time I ever do a group buy that’s for sure. Mid July is when I handed over my money, was told 6-8 weeks... it has now been 16 weeks!!!??? Pretty much 4 months. And then I see people on the forum getting them privately from the states so quickly. 

I’ll be honest I feel like I just gave some random 3k and I’m just getting scammed!! 

• Sad 1

I believe the group buy is going through a different supplier. I went through RR Racing- they do some serious volume through PPE so they have a standing order so would get priority.

dannny is very trust worthy. But yes it is a little longer than expected. Soon you’ll have the great power benefits and the wait will seem worth it!

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, Alexl8891 said:

First and last time I ever do a group buy that’s for sure. Mid July is when I handed over my money, was told 6-8 weeks... it has now been 16 weeks!!!??? Pretty much 4 months. And then I see people on the forum getting them privately from the states so quickly. 

I’ll be honest I feel like I just gave some random 3k and I’m just getting scammed!! 

I cannot believe how long this PPE header group buy is taking.  considering 2 people in the club, ordered there’s from RR Racing, & it took them less than 3 weeks.  Mine were here from PPE in about 4 week.    There is no way PPE would take this long,  they would go out of business.   Christmas is almost here!!

I agree, this group buy has been a learning experience.    I’d save time, which is money,  and order them myself.

headers were completed and ready for shipping at the end of sept/beginning of Oct. 

Id like to know the status and why the massive delay - im not even part of the group buy but a little transparency woud be great. 

I went direct, being installed as we speak and pricing wasnt too different. 

Im sure there is a good and honest explaination, i guess peoples frustrations are just from the lack of communication/updates

hey guys sorry for the dealy

i havent been online as much due to work

just came back overseas again

i have had work for PPE last week that they are on their way

so will be contacting you guys when it arrives

as for bchlers question

yes i have had the headers completed by mid october

but i think ppe and the agent had shipping problems

as they underquoted me on the shipping which i didnt accept

and plus we had a couple of offline members who were late to pay

Edited by ilv1004s

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have to admit it’s been a roller coaster ride with the PPE saga, I’m sure all involved will have to admit it.  

Then when they finally landed and we saw the light at the end of the tunnel however there was a slight delay with paperwork etc.  We just couldn’t win.

In saying that, when they finally got clearance from customs, it was full steam ahead.

Thanks Danny for delivering mine to the installer for me and going out of your way to help me get them installed, just scraping through for this year.  You’ve been more than helpful once the headers landed so appreciate your efforts to help alleviate some of the prior pain points.

Won’t bother with a write up as a few others have shared their experiences but WOW, PPE really transform the car.  More so than expected.  Haven’t put the car back on the dyno as this year is practically over but I’ll look at getting a retune next year, same place, same dyno etc. so trying to keep conditions the same so I can see the HP difference with headers and then finally all tuned.  As we know all dyno's are different but I’ll be able to see before and after on the same dyno which might interest some.

Ps I thought it was loud before with the Xforce and it turned heads on downshifts etc. but now its ridiculously loud (as I’ve told others, maybe I’m getting old).  I can now just stab the accelerator and scare pedestrians.  I know I shouldn’t but it does make me laugh just a little.  Mid to top feels stronger, kick down in auto mode feels quicker and it goes to the lowest gear (use to sometimes downshift in stages or slight hesitation).  As for the smell, it’s not that bad at all being cat less.  Might get hi flow ones early next year, let’s see.

• Like 1

i am so glad everyone has their headers now

thanks for the patience

and yes i have sorted stuff out with ppe

im just glad they arrived

Edited by ilv1004s

On 11/6/2017 at 2:24 PM, BCHLER said:

I believe the group buy is going through a different supplier. I went through RR Racing- they do some serious volume through PPE so they have a standing order so would get priority.

dannny is very trust worthy. But yes it is a little longer than expected. Soon you’ll have the great power benefits and the wait will seem worth it!

thanks for the vouch

those who know me will know that i did everything i could to get this boat floating

I can vouch for Danny considering I haven't actually met him until today to collect the headers.  Definitely a passionate guy with alot of working knowledge of the car.    Now I just gotta find the time to put these on...

Big thanks to Danny for organising and sorting out the shipment of the PPE headers!

IMG_20171229_160043.jpg