PPE header group buy

ilv1004s

OK its been a while who has fitted there PPE s and give us a HONEST opinion on power added and the extra sound, and the price for fitting with cats, is it really night and day as the Yanks say, and has anyone got before and after dyno results as if I see some good results I will get them cheers F  people :yes:

5 hours ago, 2bling said:

OK its been a while who has fitted there PPE s and give us a HONEST opinion on power added and the extra sound, and the price for fitting with cats, is it really night and day as the Yanks say, and has anyone got before and after dyno results as if I see some good results I will get them cheers F  people :yes:

My car is now extremely loud being cat less. Hitting rev limiter comes a lot quicker than it use to . I will have it tuned in the next month so i will be keen to see how much extra power  the headers produce. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 5:34 PM, 2bling said:

Ive driven with mine fitted for exactly 1 month now and its a daily drive.

Here is what was removed, not exactly inspiring to see and looks very restrictive vs the PPE's

20171220_205749.thumb.jpg.452ab8d7e309e2faecd734a4fc084def.jpg20171220_202344.thumb.jpg.bdc59ce7de470b96e02fa2f89104ef01.jpg

My first impressions when i drove out of the workshop was holy crap, its much louder than expected.  Low revs and idle only an enthusiast would know (my wife hasnt noticed yet lol) however build the revs up, not even WOT, just normal accelerating and it sounds awesome.  That raspy V8 note like a modified C63 etc.  So for sound its chalk and cheese and much louder

As Ozzy has stated, it revs out much quicker.  The car feels like its breathing alot better, on start up i can hear the induction more as well.

I was thinking various things like spark plugs, ignition, tune and all sorts of things as i felt there was a slight hesitation occasionally when i floored mine, but thats not the case anymore.  It never hesitates, floor it and its instant to the lowest gear possible.

Even had friends who are not car enthusiasts but have been in my car many times who have commented, what have you done to your car now (noise and acceleration).  To put it in comparison, going from stock to a catback exhaust, first you notice the sound (louder always feels faster but it truly did feel quicker).  Well to me, going from stock to a catback didnt make as much impact vs going from catback to headers as well.  Night and day is a big call, id think of a supercharger as night and day but yes its definitely one of the best mods you could do to your ISF.  The sound alone is incredible and it definitely turns heads on downshifts (can be heard a distance away).  

As for smell, i was looking into the cats as i was sure id need them based on comments from various people including many on the US forums as everyone seems to have headers there.  I was led to believe the smell would be that strong, it would be impossible to drive without my clothes stinking or all windows etc must be up.  I have not found that to be the case.  Yes i do smell it occasionly but its certainly not overpowering and i drive it a few hours daily form work and back and around and its probably only a few minutes i can smell it at idle at the lights if that.  Some days i dont smell it.  I dont let it idle for a long time which probably helps, i prefer to drive slow to help it warm up etc.  So im no rush to pay approx 1k for hi flow cats to get of a smell i hardly notice and to restrict it more.

I paid 1.8k for my catback and for the PPE's it was 2.7k and $880 for the install (this will vary pending who you take it too).  So 1.8k vs almost 3.6k.  Double the price.....  Well given what mods are available for our cars, i couldnt say its a mod that makes double the impact of my catback but i will admit it makes the car much more enjoyable to drive, sounds great so for me no regrets (even though i suspected my OEM headers had a gasket issue etc as im sure i heard a ticking noise, well documented in the US forums as OEM header cracks etc) however in my case my OEM headers / gaskets etc was all good.

I am still deliberating on the tune, will eventually get it but in no rush, more to ensure my fueling, air ratios etc are all good.  Few more tuning options out there now but could go with my previous tuner who i got decent results with before and being the same dyno, ill have a good comparison of before and after to see true gains from headers alone and then headers with a tune. When i do ill definitely post up results so everyone can see before and afters and weigh up for themselves ifs a mod they might consider.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:04 PM, Bballplayer86 said:

Any one else up for another group buy? 

If you jump on FB group ISF/RCF/GSF Club Australia there is a post with a few people wanting to do a group buy on Novel headers, so far there is 4 people!

• Thanks 1