Full RR Racing upgrade package installed in Melb

Gregorydarcy

Interesting that is around 390 rwhp not bad, mine was 237 with xforce before. Tune and cats opened 270 rwkw (360rwhp) Looking back it would have been cheaper going RR tune.

3 hours ago, 2bling said:

Interesting that is around 390 rwhp not bad, mine was 237 with xforce before. Tune and cats opened 270 rwkw (360rwhp) Looking back it would have been cheaper going RR tune.

Even with the cats gone the stock headers are restrictive but 360hp is a good effort though,  it would have been more worth while getting the headers followed by the tune. But comes down to whether one can justify spending close to 3 grand for 30-40hp gain is another thing. 

Last year when mine was on the dyno, I ended up with 288kw (386hp) atw’s.    with the new header group buy that is happening,  it will be good to see what they end up with on the dyno.   if they end with the magic 300kw,  I’ll have to go back & see if Sonny can tweak some more out of mine.   they must be learning some more about the ecu over time,  one can only hope.

It would be good to see what “Gregorydarcy” RR Racing tune ended up with atw’s.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BCHLER said:

I'll be getting before and after dyno figures along with times from eastern creek. 

Install of Sydney based package to take place next month 

Good news.   it will be good to see what you end up with.

43 minutes ago, LTuned said:

Good news.   it will be good to see what you end up with.

So I went to get a run @ Croydon Racing Development. They use a Dyno Dynamics dyno. These are notorious for running lower than other dynos - Mainline runs higher and DynoJet (and other hub based dynos) even higher.

Ran in 6th gear. XForce cat back, HPS intake, ambient temp was 33 Celsius (fricken hot today!!!) also had the 19x10.5 275/35 wheels in the rear (heavier than stock I expect) 

Now that you have all details - puts things into perspective - and my excuses 😂😂- my figures were ...

307.9hp atw. Tuner gave the above info (which I already know to be true)

I know it was running low but at the end of the day the main figure we are all after is the BEfORE and AFTER comparison. 

No point in comparing different dynos with different settings etc. I will however provide a detailed write up with before and after using all the same parameters. New thread coming shortly 😊👍🏼

• Like 1

Also looking forward to your write up as ill be going through the header install and tune soon enough once they finally arrive.  PPE also told me the last one was gettng ceramic coated so fingers crossed Monday will be finished ready for transit to Sydney.

Keen to know the before and afters as well.  Ive used Jim from Croydon way back in the day with my WRX.  Also contacted Con from C&V as they tuned my WRX as well and wanted me to bring my ISF to him to see what they could do.

Atleast there is increasing options out there for tuning opportunities.

11 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Also looking forward to your write up as ill be going through the header install and tune soon enough once they finally arrive.  PPE also told me the last one was gettng ceramic coated so fingers crossed Monday will be finished ready for transit to Sydney.

Keen to know the before and afters as well.  Ive used Jim from Croydon way back in the day with my WRX.  Also contacted Con from C&V as they tuned my WRX as well and wanted me to bring my ISF to him to see what they could do.

Atleast there is increasing options out there for tuning opportunities.

Yeah i ordered my performance package last week and will be shipping this week. hopefully be here in time to get ceramic coated and ready for a 12 October install along with my annual service. Ill let you know all about it mate

On 23/09/2017 at 1:56 PM, LTuned said:

Last year when mine was on the dyno, I ended up with 288kw (386hp) atw’s.    with the new header group buy that is happening,  it will be good to see what they end up with on the dyno.   if they end with the magic 300kw,  I’ll have to go back & see if Sonny can tweak some more out of mine.   they must be learning some more about the ecu over time,  one can only hope.

It would be good to see what “Gregorydarcy” RR Racing tune ended up with atw’s.

haha im anti dyno power runs- its like findout out your IQ - all about the way it feels for me - so many variables that can affect the dyno output.

for tuning, then yes im all for it - but all that hard work has been done in the US already....

a quick reverse calculation of of the drag race last week says that its roughly 410-420hp atw give or take which im happy with

interesting to note that the first and second 1/8 mile times were precisely the same (to 3 decimal points!) at 8.109 - kooky?

close to joining the PPE/TUNE club....

Greg can you go through the OBD tune process please, do you need a laptop or can you use a desktop for this?

Are the steps : read ECU with OBD device and upload to the device then a PC to be sent to RR racing / download file they send back via PC and copy to OBD device then plug / upload to the car? curious if you can do this process BEFORE adding headers etc so I can tune on the spot? how long does the process take to upload etc?

Cheers :)

• Confused 1

There's a few treads on the USA forum covering RR tune install  its pretty easy just get a 12y old to help. RR send all the info it is fool proof you can even put the factory tune back in, but the tune is only for your car cannot be shared cheers.:yes:

On 29/09/2017 at 2:33 PM, Vaku said:

Greg can you go through the OBD tune process please, do you need a laptop or can you use a desktop for this?

Are the steps : read ECU with OBD device and upload to the device then a PC to be sent to RR racing / download file they send back via PC and copy to OBD device then plug / upload to the car? curious if you can do this process BEFORE adding headers etc so I can tune on the spot? how long does the process take to upload etc?

OBD port with a desktop is fine - laptop probably easier - yes quite simple but a little bit fiddly - just follow the instructions step by step

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fitted the RR racing USRS today (lower control arm bushes and mount brackets)  - feels soooo good 

a very welcomed addition to their tune. firms up the steering and response in the front end appropriately to match the horsepower it is now putting down - highly recommend.

On 29/09/2017 at 2:33 PM, Vaku said:

how did you go Vaku - sorry mate i just realised i didnt answer you that well - busy af at work this time of year!

yes re the steps - that is precisely how it happens

Personally speaking, i wouldn't suggest doing the tune UNTIL the mods are done - lets not forget that this is a self learning ECU that will adapt to changes in hardware to a certain degree - having said that i elected to fit the hardware first and then just cruised around for a day or two on minimal throttle until it was all uploaded, at which point i did some nice 4th gear pulls (all on a private road of course ;)  i am wrapped with the results 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Gregory. Have you finished car mods? Can I ask if you have found a good experienced mech in Melbourne area that you would trust with ISF header install. I plan to get the full rr racing kit. Don’t know anyone who tunes in melb. I’m in Geelong. 
thanks Carlos.