RR Racing Performace Package Build - **UPDATED 11/12/17** WITH VIDEO

BCHLER

So as some of you may know I was talking of putting up a full build thread for my RRRacing performance package. 

This will be periodically updated as things go on. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll endeavour to answer them as soon as possible.

Car currently has xforce exhaust, HPS intake and AFe drop in filter.

I will be making the following mods next week:

*PPE headers

*full tuned intake (larger MAF) K&N cone filter

*carbon intake elbow

*rrracing tune

*a/o separator 

All ordered from RRacing. Time from placing order to delivery 📦 - 17 days - can’t beat that time!!!

I then got headers specially ceramic coated here. 

Baseline-

see video below. 339whp and 447nm torque.  

Hoping to crack 400hp - we all know that the US guys have happy dynos . So it’s more of a measure of how much I gain as opposed to what the final figure is. 

Update to come next week when installed and new dyno clip the week or so after! 

• Like 1

My prediction is between 400-410whp, which is 10-15 below what the US guys are getting. Still that’s a good 20% over stock.

install delayed till next Monday. More updates by mid next week !

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, BCHLER said:

Car currently has xforce exhaust, HPS intake and AFe drop in filter.

*full tuned intake (larger MAF) K&N cone filter

*carbon intake elbow

Very exciting mate, nice upgrade plan! I'll be watching this build closely.

Interested on knowing how the intake upgrade goes, that's next item on my list too. Do you feel gain with your current setup? (HPS intake and AFe drop in filter).

Now with the RR Racing intake, do you lose the dual stage intake function?

On 06/11/2017 at 5:07 PM, kyo said:

Very exciting mate, nice upgrade plan! I'll be watching this build closely.

Interested on knowing how the intake upgrade goes, that's next item on my list too. Do you feel gain with your current setup? (HPS intake and AFe drop in filter).

Now with the RR Racing intake, do you lose the dual stage intake function?

Current intake set up - don’t really feel it, but sound is sweet!! 

I haven’t really asked them but I don’t see why you would? But to do the RR racing tuned intake you need buy their tune as well as it has a larger MAF .

21 hours ago, Gregorydarcy said:

Well done mate looking forward to see the numbers! 👏🏽 I probably should of dynoed mine 🤔

Yeah would have been good in hind sight. Finally found someone that would take a booking so I could dyno in and out in 1hour. Others wanted me to leave the car all day and they would ‘get to it when they got to it’

would have been good to compare the two cars. End of the day it’s all about the increase not the final figure. That can easily be manipulated. 

We will be driving 500hp (at the fly) ISFs - one of the only ones in the country with that power!! 

Any more updates here BCHLER? Pics or videos are a must. 😁

It's nice to know at the end of the day what dollar figure a mod gives you rather then just accepting the marketing hype around it. 

On 14/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, koop21 said:

Any more updates here BCHLER? Pics or videos are a must. 😁

It's nice to know at the end of the day what dollar figure a mod gives you rather then just accepting the marketing hype around it. 

Hey mate,

picked her up yesterday. All I can say is wow!!!!

i will be providing a full write up this afternoon with a picture or two 😉 will also see if my *BLEEP*ty phone picks up the cold start as it doesn’t seem to pick up Bassy noises.

OKAY - so here we go.......

Picked up the car from Lexus Chatswood yesterday morning. What can i say - its such a pleasure dealing with them. Nothing is ever to big of a problem and they are super pedantic with all jobs. Chris - you are a god send! Im a Lexus of Chatswood man for life and its only because of him. YES you pay a little more for the dealership, but the expertise and the peace of mind that comes along with it is defiently worth it. Not doing things twice is another big advantage. 

Dealing with RR Racing was great as well - 19 days i think, from order placed to being delviered. since i bought it as a package, the price was pretty cheap as well.

Dropped off all parts on Monday morning at Lexus. Was told that it would be completed by Wednesday morning at the latest. It was in fact finished on Tuesday but couldnt pick it up. 

This is what the new set up looks like

5a0d29c78d747_overallsetup.JPG.ea83757bf330d05bd59a5dee2c49e1e1.JPG

As you can see i went with the full performance package and upgraded to the A/O seperator and the carbon intake elbow as well. The great thing with both is that eliminates only oil going back through the throttle body - youll note that the carbon elbow doesnt have the 'breathers' that feed gases from the cam cover back to the throttle body and back into the engine - this is all re-routed to the KN breather that vents to atmosphere (Sits nicely behind the engine cover). See images below

5a0d2b9be501e_carbonelbow.JPG.50c088fa904daadfee30111a38fec483.JPG

breather.JPG.a3ef6bb7a4a543003e9b81a6285ccd48.JPG

A/O Seperator

5a0d2b6e14987_AOSeperator.JPG.00e03c375e33f1c54e66b5dbacb38f32.JPG

I already had an AFe drop in filter and the HPS intake so i was dubious as to whether i needed to upgrade it. Apparently by going with their set up it allows the performace package to get another 15rwhp as the standard intake became restrictive @ 410whp and  once changed over got up to 425whp. This is with an enclosed intake, wrapped in gold to deflect heat/heatsoak, cone K&N velocity stacked filter and an enlarged MAF tube diameter (from 80mm to 87mm) See image beow

5a0d3007007ea_goldbox.JPG.1b6e21e297f35d8fee8294e027b70611.JPG

How it drives - 

Ive had headers before. I had them with a Borla exhaust. Then I had them with the stock exhaust. I then went back to complete stock. So i have driven a fair few set ups. 

This thing is insane!!!! It feels like sports mode all the time. The sucking sound from the intake is worth the price of admission even if there wasnt any power gain. 

Its much more linear in power delivery. it tends to rev MUCH freer. im lighting up the tyres on every pull - even from second. 

Everyone looks at the lights. If you turn the headlights or air con on it ups the idle revs by 200rpm, but this is enough to give it a deep burble - like WTF??!! With them off, it sounds much more sedate. 

Cruising on freeway it really isnt that much louder. But as soon as you put your foot down, you can feel/hear the beast within. 

The install went through without a hitch due to trusted partners. For the few extra $$ - dont compromise on quality. The upload of the tune was very straight forward. Would i do it again - IN A HEARTBEAT!!! it feels like a completely new car. i smile EVERY time i drive it. and its only getting faster as the computer learns more. 

Next stop is roll racing next friday - should surprise a few people. 

Then in another week - ill get it re-dynoed. 

Happy to answer any questions you may have. Be sure to check back on periodic updates. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, koop21 said:

When's the next rolls race on? I wanna hear this beast in action.

Next roll race is next Friday (24/11) at Easter Creek

Ill try record in cabin - but the cold starts are either too loud or too bassy for my iphone to pick up properly. it sounds magical!! 

That’s excellent..      the large free flow intake gave you the extra power.   looks like a good job.     enjoy.

You will need wider tyres.

Already got the 275s mate - the 255s on the stock rims are a little worse for wear anyways. 

Looking at getting Yokohama ADVAN ADO8Rs for track. - closest to semi slicks in a 19

On 16/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, BCHLER said:

Already got the 275s mate - the 255s on the stock rims are a little worse for wear anyways. 

Looking at getting Yokohama ADVAN ADO8Rs for track. - closest to semi slicks in a 19

are the 275s on the stock rim? can you show me a pic? 

funny how as soon as i did the tune im now looking at brakes and tyre replacement too haha

4 hours ago, Gregorydarcy said:

funny how as soon as i did the tune im now looking at brakes and tyre replacement too haha

HAha - that’s the at it is mate!!

nah the 275s are on my 19x10.5, but John and Chris from Lexus recommends the 275 on the stock 9inch or 9.5inch rim.

will be a little heavier but worth it for traction 

5 hours ago, Gregorydarcy said:

Here is a picture of my rear 275/35  Michelin Pilot Super Sports tyre on the standard ISF OEM rear mag, it fits perfectly.

WP_20161101_10_10_42_b.thumb.jpg.40e006ae35946cfe26b0a4c9fdc9e56e.jpg

19 minutes ago, banserki said:

Can the tune be applied to other cars or does the tool only work once on one car?

The tyres look sick! I've got the PS4s and they also look crisp.

Tool can be used on multiple cars but the tune is specific to your vehicle ID. You have to download you vehicle details, send it to them and then they send you an amended file for you to upload

On 11/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, BCHLER said:

275 not wide enough lol.  Ive got 285 with the usual bolt ons besides headers (should of arrived long time ago but thats another story/thread :-( 

Even with 285 i can spiin the tyres with minimal effort but its all fun :-)

Ps I can only imagine how much fun the car is drive now especially doing all the mods in 1 hit vs 1 at a time.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, BCHLER said:

Next roll race is next Friday (24/11) at Easter Creek

Ill try record in cabin - but the cold starts are either too loud or too bassy for my iphone to pick up properly. it sounds magical!! 

Is that an evening event at SMSP? Is spectator allowed?

IS-F meetup anyone lol? Need to checkout this beast in person.