ATF Fluid

Vaku

Hi All,

I am guessing someone here can relate but small things when a car isn't performing its best bother me, for me it was that occasionally / randomly the gearbox did just not shift as smooth as it should, I don't want to use the term 'clunky' but on some shifts down in the lower gears it certainly was not always smooth and refined.

I have heard about the ATF flush on clublexus as its quite a popular thread, I know that lexus regard the ATF as a lifetime fluid but really.. cmon now..

Anyway it so happens my car ended up at Chatswood Lexus the other week ( a story for another time after I get a response about the treatment I received at another dealership....) and asked if they could change the ATF for me while my car was in as I thought it would be a good time to have this done as my car approaches 60,000km and with the above concerns I mentioned above.

When I went to pick up the car they were kind enough to keep a sample of the original ATF which was pitch black which I assume is normal however considering it starts its life looking like red cordial its nice to know this has been replaced.

Impressions - smooth as, almost feels like a new gearbox and shifts much harder / more aggressive when I am in sport mode also so I am really pleased that I decided to go ahead with this and highly recommend it if you are noticing any delay in shift or any of the issues I mentioned above.

Shout out to Chatswood for the great service also btw!

A GOOD automatic gearbox place can do a filter and fluid change (not just the pan ) many cars are "sealed for life" which is a load of crap, did mine at 70000km perfect before and perfect after, but it will cost you $500 WS oil 12lts, filter kit, and labour. You can do it yourself for $350 not worth the hassle. interested what Chatswood charge cheers.

19 hours ago, 2bling said:

A GOOD automatic gearbox place can do a filter and fluid change (not just the pan ) many cars are "sealed for life" which is a load of crap, did mine at 70000km perfect before and perfect after, but it will cost you $500 WS oil 12lts, filter kit, and labour. You can do it yourself for $350 not worth the hassle. interested what Chatswood charge cheers.

When i got mine done about 1 year ago, i called around.  Parramatta Lexus quoted $620 so assume Chatswood would be similar if not the same???

Few other independant workshops quoted me $450 to $530ish.

The condition of my oil at about 80000kms from memory was better than expected (no issues).  Did it more for peace of mind and a worthwhile investment like others have mentioned :-)

• Like 1

Parra seem to enjoy quoting randomly high figures.. currently having an investigation with Lexus of Australia regarding this dealership so I would not trust them personally.

Highly recommend anyone in Sydney to speak with Chris @ Chatswood, the price of this may surprise you..