sydney isf tuners who can recommend

bluec63killa

hey all ... anyone can recommend a good tuner seems limited to our isf’s in sydney so far found autowerkes ,bta,cpi have heard good and bad about all mentioned so not sure who is the best pick ..very limited to tuners so  want good results work ...doing headers hi flow cats iss des exhaust installed and intake ..other upgrades oil air seperator /braided brake lines & suspension work ..in future cam nos install 

7 hours ago, bluec63killa said:

hey all ... anyone can recommend a good tuner seems limited to our isf’s in sydney so far found autowerkes ,bta,cpi have heard good and bad about all mentioned so not sure who is the best pick ..very limited to tuners so  want good results work ...doing headers hi flow cats iss des exhaust installed and intake ..other upgrades oil air seperator /braided brake lines & suspension work ..in future cam nos install 

I have taken my ISF to Autowerks in Sydney for & ECU tune.  Sonny has done a few ISF before, so he knows what’s involved.   I was happy with them.   

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2017 at 12:10 AM, bluec63killa said:

On 07/12/2017 at 12:10 AM, bluec63killa said:

headers installed ready for tune results will be uploaded next week 

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack the thread but figured my question is tuning related.

In short, ive got a catback exhaust, k&N insert, HPS intake hose and have had it locally tuned.  Was happy with everything.  Each mod seems to play their part and have dyno numbers inbetween a few of the mods to see the differences.

Just recently fitted ceramic coated PPE headers and as its a substantial mod, im looking to tune it again for the most power i can have and to ensure all the ratios, fuel etc are spot on given there would be more air, timing etc to play with.

Been deliberating 2 options:

1. Go back to the local tuner who did mine the first time around.  About $500 give or take for a retune given ive already paid the most expensive part up front for the initial tune

2. Been looking at RR tuned intake option.  Im assuming landed, after fittment etc it might be about $1500ish

For those who have gone down either path, is the extra outlay worth it going to RR?

Their site indicates the intake alone does not do much but with headers and mods i know have, its good for about 15hp and also i get their tune.  I dont know if their tune is a generic one to the mods i have or specific based on the file i send them from the OBD tool so they configure something to match my engines parameters etc.  I havent asked RR yet.  Im sure their intake design and the MAF being a bit bigger will mean its a bit louder (which is always nice) but is it worth the extra 1k.

I know i wont supercharge, turbo charge or carry out any further engine mods as i dont think there is much options out there for me now so i know this should be my final tune.  In hindsight i would not have tuned it the first time but hindsight is great.  I never thought i was going to get headers but did.

Also the fact the car does have a tune (prior to headers) im assuming the tune wont be as comprehensive regardless who i go to given it is somewhat tuned vs not at all.  Welcome to any opinions, thanks.

On 04/02/2018 at 10:09 PM, BLK ISF said:

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack the thread but figured my question is tuning related.

In short, ive got a catback exhaust, k&N insert, HPS intake hose and have had it locally tuned.  Was happy with everything.  Each mod seems to play their part and have dyno numbers inbetween a few of the mods to see the differences.

Just recently fitted ceramic coated PPE headers and as its a substantial mod, im looking to tune it again for the most power i can have and to ensure all the ratios, fuel etc are spot on given there would be more air, timing etc to play with.

Been deliberating 2 options:

1. Go back to the local tuner who did mine the first time around.  About $500 give or take for a retune given ive already paid the most expensive part up front for the initial tune

2. Been looking at RR tuned intake option.  Im assuming landed, after fittment etc it might be about $1500ish

For those who have gone down either path, is the extra outlay worth it going to RR?

Their site indicates the intake alone does not do much but with headers and mods i know have, its good for about 15hp and also i get their tune.  I dont know if their tune is a generic one to the mods i have or specific based on the file i send them from the OBD tool so they configure something to match my engines parameters etc.  I havent asked RR yet.  Im sure their intake design and the MAF being a bit bigger will mean its a bit louder (which is always nice) but is it worth the extra 1k.

I know i wont supercharge, turbo charge or carry out any further engine mods as i dont think there is much options out there for me now so i know this should be my final tune.  In hindsight i would not have tuned it the first time but hindsight is great.  I never thought i was going to get headers but did.

Also the fact the car does have a tune (prior to headers) im assuming the tune wont be as comprehensive regardless who i go to given it is somewhat tuned vs not at all.  Welcome to any opinions, thanks.

At around $150- $200 per 1 hp is the real question whether it’s worth it. After you factor in shipping and taxes it’s about there for an intake and tune... Locally tuned mine highest it’s made 395hp and rr’s with the bigger maf made 403hp once they got their temps sorted to get the reading they wanted lol

You could easily get a custom intake made and it re tuned locally for around half of what he’s asking for it all. 

Yeah price alone sticking local is the way to go especially as i have tuned with them before.  If i hadnt, it would be a different story as everyone charges alot up front for their initial tune.

Thanks for the reply, more to think about.

On 06/02/2018 at 3:48 PM, 18ADF said:

once they got their temps sorted to get the reading they wanted

This and other variables have always made me get a local tune.

Tweaks to suit said engine can be made to the map in real time.

Ive always been a little sceptical of plug in 'tuning'.

7 hours ago, bazzle said:

This and other variables have always made me get a local tune.

Tweaks to suit said engine can be made to the map in real time.

Ive always been a little sceptical of plug in 'tuning'.

Imagine getting tunes touched up, ping pong tuning sending files and logs back and forth as well to the dyno. Yeah pass,  My tuner has done some real time tuning here for overseas customers which I found pretty interesting, would be the only way to do it. 

I’ve finally got my car booked in next Friday at autowerks with sonny after the headers went on in January. Very interested to see how it preforms after the tune . 

• Like 2

Make sure you tell him what year model it is. I had big trouble with my tune, loosing all throttle in traffic  very dangerous, he eventually believed me, it was a tune related issue, all good after tilt tow back to him from Moruya $$$. If in hind sight I would have gone RR Racing.

3 hours ago, 2bling said:

Make sure you tell him what year model it is. I had big trouble with my tune, loosing all throttle in traffic  very dangerous, he eventually believed me, it was a tune related issue, all good after tilt tow back to him from Moruya $$$. If in hind sight I would have gone RR Racing.

Thanks for that , I read your story on what happened to your car , this is just a retune or a touch up as such since getting headers installed. 

9 hours ago, OzzyISF said:

Thanks for that , I read your story on what happened to your car , this is just a retune or a touch up as such since getting headers installed. 

You will find it won’t need too much touching up, half a dozen runs to an hour max.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:02 PM, OzzyISF said:

I’ve finally got my car booked in next Friday at autowerks with sonny after the headers went on in January. Very interested to see how it preforms after the tune . 

Looking forward to your results, the before and afters.

Im in a similar position to you, already tuned but pre headers.  Would be curious what gains can be had for a touch up retune vs 1st time tune which i was happy with mine.

Im looking at either local like Autowerks given they did my first tune, RR (off the shelf tune but with tuned intake) or not bother and get a new flat bottom CF wheel lol.  First world problems i know but damn those wheels look good :-)

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, OzzyISF said:

Today was the day for the retune with Sonny at Autowerks , Below is the results from 1st tune in march last year and the 2nd is todays runs . Car is smooth and revs quickly through to redline . A good result I think . scan0003.thumb.jpg.d1b0f0cab4991abf450c08dd9367c3a7.jpgscan0008.thumb.jpg.9fbad984f1fbd7aec8fb7ea4d8bc1d83.jpg

Thx for sharing your results.  Gives me more insight as to what way ill go with my tune when im ready.  Approx 290kw seems to be his mark for ISF's with E/H/I, the usual mods.   Curve does look good, smooth with alot top end which i expected with the PPE's.

I actually would of thought though that the headers would have taken up the majority of the gains with the touch up tune the rest but it seems the other way around.  i.e. 9kw headers and 13.6kw from the tune.

I know its only my butt dyno at this stage but i feel like the headers has really opened up the ISF, more power everywhere.  I had his cat mod flange done as well so now thats gone with the headers its possible my header gains will be even less :-( but im sure if tuned from his as well, id be expecting the 290 mark as well.

4 hours ago, 2bling said:

Good results. Any torque figures.

No I didn’t get that . I have just messaged sonny to see if he could answer that for me . See how we go 

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, OzzyISF said:

Mate, what intake & exhaust you running?