Dash cracking

Hello, new to the forum so apologies if the format is not as expected.

Has anyone else had issues with the dash cracking?

Mine started cracking above the glove box over the air bag and now spread along the front edge and around the instruments.

Always been garaged (except when out driving).

Recognised by Lexus USA as problem for the RX and other models which they are replacing outside warranty.

See: https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/lexus-to-pay-for-cracked-dashboard-repairs.htm

Looking for some background or other experiences before contacting Lexus Australia.

some of the 2006-2009 IS250/s had this problem

lexus australia never did officially recognised this as a problem

but individual dealers did fix this problem (sydney city lexus esp)
it'll be a good call up your local dealer and ask about it first

• 7 months later...

We had this issue with our 2006 rd 350. Always garaged.  Dash goes oily looking over the airbag. Around the time we noticed my husband had seen many Toyota’s in a repair shop getting dash replaced so we contacted Lexus. We were told we could get a new dash but would have to pay labour costs. Haven’t done it yet. Hubby is going to install himself. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All! New to this forum, thanks for the add.. I have a similar issue with our RX350, Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has had a good dealing with any dealers with getting the dash sorted out. Idealy eastern suburbs if possible.. 

• 3 months later...

@nic72 I tried Melbourne City Lexus who emailed head office to see if they could replace this under warranty. Lexus refused citing the age of the vehicle (2004 RX330). The dealer is asking for 2200 to do a replacement. Have you tried with any other dealer?

• 2 weeks later...

We have one owner RX 330 2005 SPORT Luxury with dashboard cracks ( and a sticky feel when touched )

Vehicle was taken to Melbourne City Lexus where photos were taken and sent to head office for assessment 

Finally got in touch with them  after waiting for a call back ( they had the wrong contact details ) 

Lexus replied stating that 'Lexus has denied our request.Outside support parameters (wear and tear )' 

On the day I was there, they advised that an identical vehicle had the dashboard replaced the day before and that it was a ' common problem ' 

Dashboards have been replaced in the US yet in Australia there seems to be a resistance ( seems some dealers can assist,, while others cant ) 

*I was then advised by the dealer  to contact Lexus 1800  023 009 (* who had my mobile number under the wrong person ) and bluntly told that that was the final decision

Keen to have  some feedback

Experience not so amazing 

• 1 year later...

Ive just lodged a claim to the ACC using this justification. Feel free to try the same 

Problem

The dashboard on my Lexus is disintegrating & the air-conditioning sprays white particles throughout the car. This is a known issue with the car/year and due to manufacturing faults. Lexus Australia is refusing to replace the dash under consumer guarantees.

Justification

As a stand alone issue I do not believe the the dash meets required standards of durability. When considered in light of

- Lexus being a luxury high spec vehicle

-Dashboards are not typically an consumable item that needs replacing/repair and do not have a limited lifespan

- Comparison to cheaper vehicles do not have this issue

- Lexus has admitted fault with the dashboards on this vehicle/year in multiple other cases including a recall overseas

- Lexus has failed to deliver on recall/remedies it

-It is not what would be considered reasonable wear and tear

I believe this is clearly a manufacturing fault that does not meet ACL guarantees

Defense of claim

- Consumer guarantee's are not voided by second hand purchase

- The dash is a manufacturing issue and is not related to any reasonable use

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 2:47 PM, No Joke said:

Ive just lodged a claim to the ACC using this justification. Feel free to try the same 

Problem

The dashboard on my Lexus is disintegrating & the air-conditioning sprays white particles throughout the car. This is a known issue with the car/year and due to manufacturing faults. Lexus Australia is refusing to replace the dash under consumer guarantees.

Justification

As a stand alone issue I do not believe the the dash meets required standards of durability. When considered in light of

- Lexus being a luxury high spec vehicle

-Dashboards are not typically an consumable item that needs replacing/repair and do not have a limited lifespan

- Comparison to cheaper vehicles do not have this issue

- Lexus has admitted fault with the dashboards on this vehicle/year in multiple other cases including a recall overseas

- Lexus has failed to deliver on recall/remedies it

-It is not what would be considered reasonable wear and tear

I believe this is clearly a manufacturing fault that does not meet ACL guarantees

Defense of claim

- Consumer guarantee's are not voided by second hand purchase

- The dash is a manufacturing issue and is not related to any reasonable use

and how old is this vehicle and what vehicle is it?