Hello, new to the forum so apologies if the format is not as expected.

Has anyone else had issues with the dash cracking?

Mine started cracking above the glove box over the air bag and now spread along the front edge and around the instruments.

Always been garaged (except when out driving).

Recognised by Lexus USA as problem for the RX and other models which they are replacing outside warranty.

See: https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/lexus-to-pay-for-cracked-dashboard-repairs.htm

Looking for some background or other experiences before contacting Lexus Australia.

some of the 2006-2009 IS250/s had this problem

lexus australia never did officially recognised this as a problem

but individual dealers did fix this problem (sydney city lexus esp)
it'll be a good call up your local dealer and ask about it first

• 7 months later...

We had this issue with our 2006 rd 350. Always garaged.  Dash goes oily looking over the airbag. Around the time we noticed my husband had seen many Toyota’s in a repair shop getting dash replaced so we contacted Lexus. We were told we could get a new dash but would have to pay labour costs. Haven’t done it yet. Hubby is going to install himself. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All! New to this forum, thanks for the add.. I have a similar issue with our RX350, Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has had a good dealing with any dealers with getting the dash sorted out. Idealy eastern suburbs if possible.. 

• 3 months later...

@nic72 I tried Melbourne City Lexus who emailed head office to see if they could replace this under warranty. Lexus refused citing the age of the vehicle (2004 RX330). The dealer is asking for 2200 to do a replacement. Have you tried with any other dealer?