Further price drop - 2010 (MY11) Lexus IS F Starlight Black with mods (approx 300rwkw)

rysith

Modified 5.0L V8 Lexus making approximately 300kw/400hp at the wheels with long rego.

Selling my much loved and unique Starlight Black MY11 Lexus ISF - $46,990 ono
This car has been an absolute joy to own and has provided me with over 5 years of trouble-free and amazing driving experiences.
Not just your average Lexus, the ISF is the V8 416hp BMW M3 competitor which marries style, luxury and performance into one exciting 4-door sports sedan.
This ISF has the following modifications and additions:

- Ceramic coat paint protection by Obsessed Car Detailing
- JoeZ air intake
- JoeZ PTS exhaust system
- Novel equal length headers (worth approx. $8000)
- Tuning Tech FS ECU tune
- Throttle Controller Kit
- Genuine WALD carbon fibre rear diffuser
- Genuine WALD rear wing – custom body molded to bootlid and rear quarter panels raised to form uniform line – approx. $3000 total cost for body work and paint.
- Genuine MY14 Lexus Led Fog lights
- Figs Engineering Lower arm rear bushing for handling and prevents tyre wear
- Satellite Navigation maps updated to 2017 maps
- 4 new Michelin Pilot Super Sports tyres fitted in mid 2017
- Major service and new battery fitted Nov 2017
- Long rego until October 2018
- Original parts available

Being an MY11 model it has these changes vs cheaper MY10 models:
- Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) included as part of headlight
- Improved suspension (smoother ride)
- Limited Slip Differential
- Updated dashboard and steering wheel layout

As you can see, no expense has been spared with the quality of modifications. This setup is good for approximately 400hp/300kw at the wheels and transforms the car into a much more capable and fun drive, the exhaust note alone will draw comparisons to exotic cars, it has to be heard to be believed, yet still remains fairly quiet when not under hard acceleration.

The car has always been garaged, serviced at required intervals (with full logbook available), and never driven on the track. Most of the driving was long distance and I’ve enjoyed every minute of ownership. No finance owing or accident history.

Located Newcastle, NSW, please message me if you have any questions

20180128_153645.jpg

20180128_153706.jpg

20180128_153714.jpg

20180128_153816.jpg

20180128_153823.jpg

20180128_153840.jpg

20180128_153901.jpg

20180128_153923.jpg

20180128_153947.jpg

20180128_153959.jpg

20180128_154154.jpg

20180128_154241.jpg

20180128_154746.jpg

20180128_154815.jpg

Your ISF looks good.   your mag wheels in your photos are on the wrong side,  and should to be swapped over.   the blades are facing the wrong way.

Saw the car on FB.  I love my PPE's but can only imagine how the Novel must sound.

Again good luck with the sale and enjoy your new ride :-)

On 1/28/2018 at 9:54 PM, LTuned said:

Your ISF looks good.   your mag wheels in your photos are on the wrong side,  and should to be swapped over.   the blades are facing the wrong way.

Hmm, not sure which ones you are referring to? As far as I understand, the "blade" shiny portion of the wheel faces towards the front of the car - all mine are in that configuration.

46 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

Saw the car on FB.  I love my PPE's but can only imagine how the Novel must sound.

Again good luck with the sale and enjoy your new ride :-)

Thanks mate, the Novel JoeZ combination sounds amazing - more exotic than your typical V8 :)

57 minutes ago, rysith said:

Hmm, not sure which ones you are referring to? As far as I understand, the "blade" shiny portion of the wheel faces towards the front of the car - all mine are in that configuration.

The Blades are designed like a fan, to draw air out from the brakes.  when you put them on backwards, it forces air back into the wheel well, resulting in hotter brakes.   

Here are a couple of Lexus pictures of the ISF.     Have a look on the net yourself.

5a6fc9ceee3ec_ISF1.thumb.jpg.7fd990762e5b31fcf84005b5b998c20c.jpg5a6fc9e5c5d50_ISF2.thumb.jpg.6637004afd75077ba34d705fabd1477f.jpg5a6fca000be57_ISF3.thumb.jpg.6e89d0d9aafe1fd5ef21d1589fbc0f81.jpg

Good luck with the sale, & enjoy your new ride.

• Like 1

Nice

3 hours ago, LTuned said:

The Blades are designed like a fan, to draw air out from the brakes.  when you put them on backwards, it forces air back into the wheel well, resulting in hotter brakes.   

Here are a couple of Lexus pictures of the ISF.     Have a look on the net yourself.

Good luck with the sale, & enjoy your new ride.

Yep, not all ISF owners know this, I've seen at least two ISF parked on roadside with the wheels on wrong direction.

Sometime this is caused by tyre shop not knowing better and mixed up the wheels when replacing tyres.

4 hours ago, rysith said:

Thanks mate, the Novel JoeZ combination sounds amazing - more exotic than your typical V8 :)

Nice mods! Would love to hear it in person. But good luck on selling, I would've bought it if you were selling it 6 month ago.

Let me know if you want to part out the WALD rear diffuser :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Headers are $8000 new and exhaust $3000 - labour about $2000 for both those installed.

Genune Wald wing and carbon fibre diffuser weren't cheap, $3000 for paint, and labour, etc for molding the wing, respraying the boot and building up the rear quarters (and respraying) to match the wing.

Lots of money and love and effort :)

Took this the other week and forgot to upload it, just a quick video of the exhaust on a cold start, shows sound after it finishes the warm up cycle and a quick rev or so (didn't want to give it too much as there were some people around):

• Like 1

It took a while to sell mine... have to find a Lexus enthusiast, most others are looking for European performance cars. 

The guy I sold to was the same, once I told him how much (little) it costs to maintain/insure this compared to ze germans... and drove him around the block - he was convinced that this was a better buy than the other's he'd been looking at. TBH, around 5 years back, I was in similar situation, looking for an Audi S5 (or maybe M5) till someone told me about Lexus - I didn't even know that Lexus had a performance car at the time other than the LFA. 

@rysith - it maybe worth considering removing the aftermarket parts (except the body kit) and selling on this forum - it's likely you'd get a few interested folks. you've got more than 10K in upgrades, Unlikely you'll get the value of those upgrades in the price of your car as  single sell. 

best of luck with the sale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really upsets me that this hasn't sold yet haha, really seems like a niche market for these cars. Have you had many people inquire? Might just be more of a waiting game opposed to price drops, I'd happily pay your asking price if I had the money to spend. Like Spec said, just need to wait for the right person to see it.

Forums

News

Membership