Further price drop - 2010 (MY11) Lexus IS F Starlight Black with mods (approx 300rwkw)

rysith

5 hours ago, choppyshrimp said:

Really upsets me that this hasn't sold yet haha, really seems like a niche market for these cars. Have you had many people inquire? Might just be more of a waiting game opposed to price drops, I'd happily pay your asking price if I had the money to spend. Like Spec said, just need to wait for the right person to see it.

Yeh had plenty of people inquire, few time wasters that express interest and then can't come up with the money or some other excuse. Will just wait and see how things go.

Currently investigating fitting the Novel headers to my RCF as I've read they are compatible, but possible CEL issues requiring a tune (which involves ECU shipped to the US) to resolve.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:30 AM, rysith said:

Deposit taken!

Congrats on the sale.  Curious, did you end up selling it with the headers on?

20 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

Congrats on the sale.  Curious, did you end up selling it with the headers on?

Yeh everything included on the car.

Looking into it, the labour cost to put the headers back to factory would outweigh any benefits from having to buy a new set for the RCF, then any issues with CEL, lack of tuning options in Aus for the RCF could cause other headaches.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats the sale is done and dusted.  Must be a bit of a relief.  I know when i was looking at my ISF, it took months and even after purchasing, id still look on carsales etc out of curiousity and would see some ISF's still for sale upto 9 months later.

Definitely a bit of a niche market were in.

On 5/17/2018 at 6:41 AM, BLK ISF said:

Congrats the sale is done and dusted.  Must be a bit of a relief.  I know when i was looking at my ISF, it took months and even after purchasing, id still look on carsales etc out of curiousity and would see some ISF's still for sale upto 9 months later.

Definitely a bit of a niche market were in.

Yeh definately niche market, the majority of the enquiries seemed to come from previous Lexus/ISF owners, but in the end managed a very quick and easy transaction so I was happy it was sold. 

Had some weird experiences along the way with people making all sorts of excuses up and finance issues, etc - part and parcel of selling privately especially with this type of car/price point.

Forums

News

Membership