New guy.

Good evening forum,

My names Thomas, i'm from Whakatane NZ, and after pining for an ISF for 10 years, I've finally got my hands on one. This is my second Lexus, I owned an SC400 many years ago. My other major vehicle love is my 1984 NZ new AE86, which I've had for over a decade.

I look forward to harassing you for Lexus specific information in the near future :wink3:

Cheers! Thomas / VG.

5 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

My names Thomas, i'm from Whakatane NZ,

Kia Ora!

And welcome to the F Club Thomas!

Whakatane is a beautiful place mate, I worked on a forestry project in Gisborne for 2yrs, often travelled to Whakatane and Hicks Bay.

You guys are spoiled for choices, so many imports on the road.

Yeh, let's see ya car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 12:56 AM, koop21 said:

Welcome to the forum Thomas.

It must be a rare sight to see in a IS-F in NZ considering how limited they are in Australia.

Post up some photos and tell us about it.

Hello, and thanks for the welcome. 

I'd say there are very few NZ new ISF's about, but quite a few JDM ones have started arriving, hence you can pick an early one up for around $30k now. You certainly don't see many on the roads.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, kyo said:

Kia Ora!

And welcome to the F Club Thomas!

Whakatane is a beautiful place mate, I worked on a forestry project in Gisborne for 2yrs, often travelled to Whakatane and Hicks Bay.

You guys are spoiled for choices, so many imports on the road.

Yeh, let's see ya car.

Kia Ora cuz,

Yes its certainly a nice piece of the world down here. And yeh, we do get quite a good selection of imports, there's not a lot that you cant get here!

As for pics, I've just realized I don't have many, so here are the two I have. First is from the day I collected the car (caption is a running joke with a mate that Lexus are for the aged)

rABo3sm.jpg

XzkoWFb.jpg

Its bog standard at the moment, but I would like to do a couple of things, dependent on funds of course. I'd like to look into headers, intake, and an LSD. I think the LSD would make quite a difference, and maybe help the rear pads/rotors last a bit longer?

Regards, Thomas.