BLK ISF

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has heard about RR releasing these or if anyone has taken the plunge in ordering them?

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-Engine-Mounts-for-Lexus-ISF-RCF-GSF-p/isfengmt01.htm

As the sub-frame needs to be dropped for an easy install, its ideal to fit them during a header install (wish they had these late last year when i got mine fitted), ah well.

According to RR, most of the headers they fit to the early ISF's, well the majority had shot engine mounts so just curious if anyone else has had issues or know if they have worn engine mounts.

They look the goods but my funds are currently being suckup up into other mods.. they have some huge milage isf’s over there so it’s a smart move from rr to bring out this product 

I have PPE header, and replaced engine mount late last year, car was at 100,000KM, one of the side was deteriorating. Luckily identified by TNK when performing transmission flush. Open the hood, give it a few hard rev, you can see the engine rocking more than usual, and check underneath the hood for any sign of hitting up.

Was looking at the RR mount but worried about extra vibration & noise so I went with the OEM mounts instead as I use my F as a daily. You are right that sub-frame needs to be dropped, almost like a half header job. So I also STRONGLY recommend to replace the mount when installing header.

I was also told that after installing the new engine mount, one part of the PPE header may rub against the steering column when in reverse at certain angle? This is due to new mount tighten up the gap to the header. And once the mount settles/sags, it should go away. Otherwise the header needs to be modified to address this. For those in Sydney want more info on this issue, contact TNK Automotive.

• Thanks 1

I fitted similar-style mounts to my 911 years ago (they were a factory RS upgrade). The ISF stock mount is also similar to the 911 stock mount, in that it's more like a squat little shock absorber than a rubber hockey puck.

Result was a more immediate feeling to the throttle, and a more...confident...feeling in the corners, as if the stock engine mounts allowed the engine to sway a bit under g-forces.  Downside was more interior noise,  in the form of whirrs, whines and diff noise...which the stock mounts are meant to isolate.   

Interesting, the dream currently is to install in one go:

• PPE Headers
  • RR Racing Engine mounts
  • RR Racing supercharger kit..

Do it all at once :yahoo:It seems that the Harrop / valley supercharger install may be too hard as a one off. A bolt on kit installed by Lexus with the above could be the go. Just need the $S and the time now haha!

On 06/03/2018 at 12:40 PM, Sparky said:

Interesting, the dream currently is to install in one go:

• PPE Headers
  • RR Racing Engine mounts
  • RR Racing supercharger kit..

Do it all at once :yahoo:It seems that the Harrop / valley supercharger install may be too hard as a one off. A bolt on kit installed by Lexus with the above could be the go. Just need the $S and the time now haha!

I would hate to see the labour bill from lexus, I’d be taking it more to a performance based shop for install. To most lexus/Toyota techs, servicing is all they know.

11 hours ago, 18ADF said:

I would hate to see the labour bill from lexus, I’d be taking it more to a performance based shop for install. To most lexus/Toyota techs, servicing is all they know.

May be the way in Brisbane - but the Chatswood boys are on the ball. They know your car inside and out, great at trouble shooting and fairly priced. I’d even go as far as saying that I’d get Chris to work on all my cars regardless of make or model. He has worked on LFAs, high performance Porsche’s plus many other performance exotics.

I agree, Lexus of Chatswood service look after my babies.  Good people & great service.  A performance shop would be learning on your ISF as they pulled her apart.  Lexus of Chatswood service know how to pull an ISF apart, & put her back together again properly.  They have access to everything they need for the job.  Have you seen some of those YouTube videos of these so called experts working on an ISF,  rough as guts.  No thank you.

1 hour ago, BCHLER said:

May be the way in Brisbane - but the Chatswood boys are on the ball. They know your car inside and out, great at trouble shooting and fairly priced. I’d even go as far as saying that I’d get Chris to work on all my cars regardless of make or model. He has worked on LFAs, high performance Porsche’s plus many other performance exotics.

16 minutes ago, LTuned said:

I agree, Lexus of Chatswood service look after my babies.  Good people & great service.  A performance shop would be learning on your ISF as they pulled her apart.  Lexus of Chatswood service know how to pull an ISF apart, & put her back together again properly.  They have access to everything they need for the job.  Have you seen some of those YouTube videos of these so called experts working on an ISF,  rough as guts.  No thank you.

Yup, exactly right on both counts. It's a rare thing, and people may not believe these quotes but they are true. I would get them to service all my cars if i could. I have a genuine relationship with my mechanic, who knows the ISF model probably as well as or better than anyone in the country. He is the master technician of Lexus, and he is the man! If he is trusted with LFA's then i think he is OK with my 2009 ISF haha!

Plus, i reckon they would be chuffed to install the first supercharger on the car in AUS, they support the "F" community greatly with discounted track days etc.

• 4 months later...

Bump. I redlined my F with the bonnet open to check an issue and noticed the engine really move at around 6k rpm. Is this normal? Car drives perfectly fine at redline.

Anyone here put in new mounts?

• 2 years later...