ISF dyno run this week....how many kw?

_ISF

Back to the dyno again this week to see where i am at now after doing the following since the last dyno run:

- header flanges opened up from 2" to 2.5" to increase flow
- 200 cel hi-flow metallic cats welded in to the xforce front pipe
- New larger and chambered stainless steel rear mufflers installed to replace the xforce mufflers (new mufflers are quieter but may also be a bit more restrictive)

The car certainly feels a bit stronger up top with the header flange mod so it will be interesting to see what that actually translates to on the dyno. Im hoping for an extra 5-10kw which would be around 270-275kw.

19 hours ago, _ISF said:

Back to the dyno again this week to see where i am at now after doing the following since the last dyno run:

- header flanges opened up from 2" to 2.5" to increase flow
- 200 cel hi-flow metallic cats welded in to the xforce front pipe
- New larger and chambered stainless steel rear mufflers installed to replace the xforce mufflers (new mufflers are quieter but may also be a bit more restrictive)

The car certainly feels a bit stronger up top with the header flange mod so it will be interesting to see what that actually translates to on the dyno. Im hoping for an extra 5-10kw which would be around 270-275kw.

Good luck with the tune, i know when i had a xforce cat back only and got the stock manifolds 2 inches exit from the cats increased to 3 inches to get rid of the restriction it made a big difference.  Sparky explains it in his thread.  All dyno's are different but my before and after at the time went from 239 to 252kw @ wheels.  That mod evenutally got scrapped went i went headers and retune but bang for your bucks it was a great mod as i didnt intend on going headers at the time

Yes i have seen that thread previously and that's where i got the idea to open the flanges up on the manifolds. So i guess im hoping for a similar result (approx 10kw) but im hoping its not all just top end...it would be nice to get some more low/mid range out of this engine as its a bit lazy under 4,000rpm.

47 minutes ago, _ISF said:

Yes i have seen that thread previously and that's where i got the idea to open the flanges up on the manifolds. So i guess im hoping for a similar result (approx 10kw) but im hoping its not all just top end...it would be nice to get some more low/mid range out of this engine as its a bit lazy under 4,000rpm.

You should net a decent increase throughout the rev range.  It will vary pending what other supporting mods you have but here is one of my older dyno runs from a while ago.  The before was only with the Xforce catback (no other mods).  The after is after the manifold mod (no tune either).  So a decent increase.  

dyno manifold.jpg

Ok thanks for that - good to see. That's a really nice increase for quite a basic (and relatively cheap) mod. 

As for mods, i've got:

- RR Racing tune,
- AFE panel filter and HPS silicone intake tube,
- Manifold primary cats gutted and manifold flanges opened to 2.5"
- 200 cel hi-flow cats welded into the xforce front pipes
- Xforce exhaust with custom rear mufflers to make it a bit quieter. 

Im hoping for around 275kw this time as my last dyno run made 265kw witht he RR tune, intake mods and the xforce exhaust. So the changes ive made for this time are the manifold flanges, the hi flow cats and the custom rear mufflers.

A bit of an anti-climax....rocked up at the dyno this morning and they tell me the computer is not working so we cannot dyno the car until a new computer is sourced and hooked up.