Semi Slicks R Compound - What tyre pressures?

Matthew

Hi All,

Just made the upgrade to R Compound Semi Slicks, NT01’s (100 UTQG), and had my first track day on them earlier this week.

Previously I have used 595 RS-RR, RS-3 & NT05 UHP Tyres / ‘Street Semi Slicks’ with 200 UTQG Treadwear and ran 40+ psi hot routinely as they yielded the better lap times.

What do others think though is the optimum hot psi pressure for R Compound Semi Slicks on our ISF’s?

Thanks,

Matthew

I found this on The Tire Rack web site.

Tire Tech: Air Pressure for Competition Tires

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=58

I use Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres at the track, & I run front 46psi hot, & rear 38 to 40psi hot.

I look at the side walls of the tyre, & if I’m start to run on the side walls I increase the pressure by 2psi.  the ISF is front heavy & needs more pressure in the front tyres at the track.

Hi LTuned!

Many thanks for the feedback and pleased to note you find the higher pressures work better too!

Good article on tyre pressures ... thanks for sending it through!

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, ilv1004s said:

i usually drop mine down to 30 psi as tyres get hotter pressure builds up

Hi ilv1004s,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to possibly ask a stupid question but is your response related to your starting ‘cold’ pressure and then when the tyres are hot they end up in the high 30’s or are you in fact running 30 psi when they are hot?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Matthew

generall you want to want to run less pressure as there is more contact patch to surface with out creating too much sidewall flex due to lack of pressure

as for the psi going up

as tyres produce heat and the heat expands the air in the tyres resulting in higher psi

4 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

generall you want to want to run less pressure as there is more contact patch to surface with out creating too much sidewall flex due to lack of pressure

as for the psi going up

as tyres produce heat and the heat expands the air in the tyres resulting in higher psi

Many thanks for the explanation.