New Steering wheel

BLK ISF

Installed a new toy today so just thought id share in case anyone else was contemplating the same thing.

Would i consider it a value for money mod, well no.  Cant say i think any mod for the ISF is value for money really.  Im yet to install something on the car and think "Damn that was cheap, what a bargain lol"

Do i regret it then........HELL NO

Does it look better......Are you blind, of course it does :-)

Does it feel better in the hand when driving......ABSOLUTELY (makes the OEM wheel look anorexic

Enough jabber, here are some pics :-)

Ps Decided to keep my OEM paddles, i like the contrast it gives to the rest of the carbon

And best of all ive gained atleast 5kw @ the wheels (well thats how im trying to justify the purchase in my head haha)

IMG_20180926_191156_435.jpg

IMG_20180926_191203_434.jpg

IMG_20180926_191206_135.jpg

20181004_161504.jpg

20181004_161510.jpg

20181004_161516.jpg

20181004_161528.jpg

20181006_170807.jpg

20181006_205722.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2bling said:

Looks great where from and how much, is it one of Elvins  cheers.

Yep one of Elvins.  Been eyeing off his stuff for ages and finally took the plunge.  Whilst its not cheap its great quality, feels great to drive with, much thicker to hold and something ill enjoy as its used all the time when in the car.

I liked the fact the wheels are very customisable from the 12oclock stripe, thickness, colour, colour of carbon, colour of stitching (even the blue i have is more pronounced then the OEM blue), alcantara, perforrated leather blah blah.  

Guess could of waited for the Au to increase but ah, that could take ages lol.

For my setup it was $850 USD.  Took about 6 days to build and then left Singapore on the Friday and think by Wednesday-ish it arrived DHL.  So all up about 2 weeks from payment to arrival.  I think its about $950-ish if i got the carbon paddles as well.

He has all the combo's on his Instagram page (i dont really use it but had to join up to order etc)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, _ISF said:

She's a beauty mate. Looks like i will have to get my wife to look this guy up on Instagram for me.

Yep 1.5 weeks on and still loving it lol.  Surprised me how nice it is in the flesh, much better to hold as the wheel is much thicker and the carbon parts feel great.  It does make it a nicer driving experience.

Its the right blend of standing out but looking OEM

His Instagram name is Elvin_6188

• 3 weeks later...

Looks fantastic! I agree the wheel is too skinny - my old Megane RS 225 had a thicker wheel as does my son's Megane 3 GT-Line diesel!

Did you install yourself or a mechanic - wondering if changing over involves all the airbag clock spring etc?

On 11/4/2018 at 3:53 PM, biscuit said:

Looks fantastic! I agree the wheel is too skinny - my old Megane RS 225 had a thicker wheel as does my son's Megane 3 GT-Line diesel!

Did you install yourself or a mechanic - wondering if changing over involves all the airbag clock spring etc?

Cheers mate.  I had my car serviced so got the guys to change it over for me same time so cant comment on the install details sorry. 

1 hour ago, 2bling said:

Did the F logo come with the wheel, and does Elvin take PayPal cheers.

Yep comes with F logo but he can do without as well (wouldnt think thats a popular choice though lol).

Once confirmed what you want, he'll send you an order template that you complete via Instagram or email (but initial contact via instagram).

Then he'll raise an order to pay via paypal, then you'll get the DHL tracking info etc

Ps It is an awesome wheel, one of my favourite mods to date, so much nicer to hold/drive with vs OEM.

• Like 1

After seeing your excellent steering wheel, I joined Instagram & ordered one of Elvin’s steering wheels.  It has turned up & looks excellent, just like your one but I didn’t get the blue red strip.  Looking forward to getting it fitted next week.  fingers crossed.

image1.thumb.jpeg.4f6cd8289753cfb831fecf9f557c7b97.jpeg

image2.thumb.jpeg.772d47db8188f326461120ec70d3b23b.jpeg

image4a.thumb.jpeg.df789cba9d4062bb8c459b25f89a4daf.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks awesome John, welcome to the "Carbon Wheel" club lol.  On its own it looks great but once positioned and mounted in the car, it looks even better and feels great to drive. 

I love my blue/red stripe but saw one of his wheels with a yellow stripe that looked unique too but better to keep it simple, dont want a rainbow of stripes on my wheel haha.

Take some before and after shots, youll have a laugh when seeing the comparison

• Like 2

Thanks Chris it does look good.  I very happy with it.  I’ll contact Lexus today about getting it fitted.  I wouldn’t have it without your assistance, I’m not compatible with this Instagram thing.  Elvin has so many options you can do. it’s a great looking wheel.  Once fitted I'm sure the ISF will handle better & have more power.  lol.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, LTuned said:

Thanks Chris it does look good.  I very happy with it.  I’ll contact Lexus today about getting it fitted.  I wouldn’t have it without your assistance, I’m not compatible with this Instagram thing.  Elvin has so many options you can do. it’s a great looking wheel.  Once fitted I'm sure the ISF will handle better & have more power.  lol.

What a coincidence, i was told the wheel would result in more power as well, hmm i think we have been scammed haha

• 2 weeks later...

The new carbon steering wheel is now fitted, & I must say it does look good.  It feels so much better than the stock steering wheel.  Money well spent. 

Here is a before and after picture.

WP_20181119_11_10_29.thumb.jpg.008b343a56936cf76d17dabafa7d30ce.jpg

WP_20181122_15_21_36.thumb.jpg.0f18a6cce42365ca1a6e127ff6e8d415.jpg

• Like 1

Pics dont do it justice eh.  It does look great in the pics but even better in the flesh.  Happy driving with your new wheel :-).  All the more excuse to drive it more than you do now lol

I’m loving the new steering wheel thank you.  Yes it does look better in the flesh.  the picture with the wheel fitted, the carbon looks to white if you know what I mean,  the flash has highlighted everything, it is more black, like the picture of the wheel before it was fitted.   The ISF feels much better with the new wheel & is nicer to drive.   I’m sure I’ll drive her a bit more now.

I think its even more of an improvement over stock considering you had the older style steering wheel to begin with (missing the blue leather at the bottom and the silver inserts around the control buttons either side). Personally i think the updated MY11+ steering wheel looks much nicer (more modern, more sporty and more at home in the ISF) than the older style wheel.

Aftermarket wheel certainly does look nice, but as careful as i am i know i would scratch that carbon finish with keys/zipper/belt buckle etc when getting in our out of the car...it would only be a matter of time. The black carbon on the new wheel clashes (in my opinion) with the silver carbon on the centre console so do you have any plans to do something with the silver carbon?

At this stage, I’m happy with the silver on the centre console & door trims, but we will see what happens.  Yes I hope I don’t scratch the carbon finish on the wheel.  The new wheel is so nice to hold, it fits like a glove.

9 hours ago, _ISF said:

I think its even more of an improvement over stock considering you had the older style steering wheel to begin with (missing the blue leather at the bottom and the silver inserts around the control buttons either side). Personally i think the updated MY11+ steering wheel looks much nicer (more modern, more sporty and more at home in the ISF) than the older style wheel.

Aftermarket wheel certainly does look nice, but as careful as i am i know i would scratch that carbon finish with keys/zipper/belt buckle etc when getting in our out of the car...it would only be a matter of time. The black carbon on the new wheel clashes (in my opinion) with the silver carbon on the centre console so do you have any plans to do something with the silver carbon?

I was in the same boat as John with the older wheel but to be honest, i wasnt a fan of my old wheel nor the newer ISF wheel.  Never liked the red, blue etc on the base of the wheel and the silver finish steering wheel controls.  Looked tacky to me and a bit of an after thought (but still better than my old wheel lol).  I thought with the other upgrades like the LSD, cluster etc, Lexus had the opportunity to really improve the look of the wheel like some of the Euro competition.  Atleast made it thicker.

Thats the beauty of Elvin's wheels and others who do similar work.  You can literally get whatever combo's you want from Carbon, alcantara and all sorts of colours.  Ive seen some of his customers post their blue carbon wheels etc.  Not to my liking but everyones got different tastes.  Mine would be considered too boring for some lol but i love it.  Looks and functionality achieved.

Ive thought about changing my centre, side silver carbon pieces but hard to justify the price given its purely for looks.  Centre console and 4 door trim was more expensive than the wheel and that was already costly enough (awesome quality though).  If i changed the centre console then id definitely have to finish the whole thing (centre, door trims, aircon vents etc) but the wheel on its own is acceptable to me

Atleast driving with the wheel feels so much better so its practical too.  Its actually quite robust too, besides wearing a ring etc, i cant see how it can be scratched.  When i get in our out of the car, on or off, I dont come near the wheel in its retracted position.