Hey all, 

I am new to this forum as well as to Lexus cars. I have started to do some entry level mods. 

I'm wondering if you can advise me of your experience on muffler delete vs hi performance exhaust (HPE) system. I'm interested in replacing the entire exhaust system however, money is bit tight so i'm choosing cheaper alternative till i ma able to buy it. Please see for my questions below-

1- What is the sound difference like from HPE to simple muffler delete? (Noise level, Clarity, low grunt or unpleasant loud)

2- Does removing the muffler increases the annoying humming sound and is it noticeable?

3- To those who had deleted the mufflers, did you experience any low end torque loss?

4- Any idea how much it'll cost to remove muffler and replace piping? (I'm after a very rough idea)

5- Is there any possibility of removing just 1 muffler instead of both to have the sound at lower volume? I wonder if it'll cause other issues. 

Thanks for your help.

Not a IS350, but when i was looking for my ISF i looked at one which had its rear mufflers removed (muffler delete). It sounded good but was very loud and droney and not certainly something i wanted to have as my daily car. I can only assume it would be much the same with the IS350. 

Options are (if you do not want to buy a replacement cat back sports exhaust) to have the mid resonator removed or have the rear mufflers removed and replaced with high flowing mufflers.

1) Resonator removal is quite cheap (should be under $200) and will give the car exhaust sound more volume

2) Removal of stock rear mufflers and fitting aftermarket high flowing mufflers (around $300-600 depending on whether you get good quality mufflers or cheap ones and the tips you choose) and will give the exhaust both more volume and a deeper tone.

18 hours ago, _ISF said:

Not a IS350, but when i was looking for my ISF i looked at one which had its rear mufflers removed (muffler delete). It sounded good but was very loud and droney and not certainly something i wanted to have as my daily car. I can only assume it would be much the same with the IS350. 

Options are (if you do not want to buy a replacement cat back sports exhaust) to have the mid resonator removed or have the rear mufflers removed and replaced with high flowing mufflers.

1) Resonator removal is quite cheap (should be under $200) and will give the car exhaust sound more volume

2) Removal of stock rear mufflers and fitting aftermarket high flowing mufflers (around $300-600 depending on whether you get good quality mufflers or cheap ones and the tips you choose) and will give the exhaust both more volume and a deeper tone.

Thanks mate. I went to local exhaust workshops around and they were quoting $300-400 just to remove the mufflers and add new tips. I'll take a leaf out of your book and get high flow mufflers and probably resonated tips. I'll keep you posted as to how does it sound. I'll upload a before and after video. 

18 hours ago, _ISF said:

hey bud, 

I'm looking for used mufflers and there are so many options such as magnaflow, flowmaster, canon shaped mufflers and so on. Any suggestion? 

also, any chance i can buy used mufflers from another make/model and still be able to fit in Lexus?

1 hour ago, sidis350f said:

Thanks mate. I went to local exhaust workshops around and they were quoting $300-400 just to remove the mufflers and add new tips. I'll take a leaf out of your book and get high flow mufflers and probably resonated tips. I'll keep you posted as to how does it sound. I'll upload a before and after video. 

That sounds very expensive for what is a very simple job that would take them a very short time to do. 

22 minutes ago, sidis350f said:

hey bud, 

I'm looking for used mufflers and there are so many options such as magnaflow, flowmaster, canon shaped mufflers and so on. Any suggestion? 

also, any chance i can buy used mufflers from another make/model and still be able to fit in Lexus?

My suggestion would be to use good quality mufflers like Magnaflow. A good size will be 9x5 inch body size but where you need to be careful is the length of the muffler as the Lexus can only accommodate around a 13-14inch long muffler (and some mufflers are longer than this and wont fit). It might be a wise idea to jump under the back of your car with a tape measure and just see what size your current mufflers are, then try to find something in a similar dimension but with a straight through design.

Otherwise just buy this and pay it off over a few months: https://www.prospeedracing.com.au/products/invidia-lexus-is250-is350-13-diff-back-exhaust-stainless-ss-rolled-tips.html

Or this (not as good quality as the Invidia but you do get a full exhaust system for the same money): https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/twin-2.5-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

45 minutes ago, _ISF said:

Otherwise just buy this and pay it off over a few months: https://www.prospeedracing.com.au/products/invidia-lexus-is250-is350-13-diff-back-exhaust-stainless-ss-rolled-tips.html

Or this (not as good quality as the Invidia but you do get a full exhaust system for the same money): https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/twin-2.5-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

thanks mate. 

I't bit too much for me at the moment. I found some magnaflow mufflers on ebay for $150. I'm going to start with replacing with these. I'll replace the entire system after sometime. 

Not sure if you've already went through with what you planned to do but I thought I'd chime in.

I've got custom rear mufflers on my 2011 IS350 along with a resonator delete and I'm quite happy with the sound. Whole thing only cost me around $500, but around $150 could've be saved if I didn't add a set of shadow chrome tips. Gave me the perfect sound I wanted without spending upwards of 1k for a branded system. There is only a VERY slight drone at freeway cruising speed. I'd recommend something like this if you want to save some money and still get a nice (or maybe even better) sound. Seems like you're already doing something similar with the magnaflow's though, if that isn't enough, then remove the resonator and it'll definitely open up some more. 

On 11/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, choppyshrimp said:

Not sure if you've already went through with what you planned to do but I thought I'd chime in.

I've got custom rear mufflers on my 2011 IS350 along with a resonator delete and I'm quite happy with the sound. Whole thing only cost me around $500, but around $150 could've be saved if I didn't add a set of shadow chrome tips. Gave me the perfect sound I wanted without spending upwards of 1k for a branded system. There is only a VERY slight drone at freeway cruising speed. I'd recommend something like this if you want to save some money and still get a nice (or maybe even better) sound. Seems like you're already doing something similar with the magnaflow's though, if that isn't enough, then remove the resonator and it'll definitely open up some more. 

hey mate, 

I have not done the mod yet. Still trying to find someplace cheap to do it. The places near me are quoting bit too much ($500, just to remove old and weld new muffler). Where did you get it done? (btw i live in western suburbs). 

On 11/26/2018 at 8:32 AM, sidis350f said:

Where did you get it done?

I had mine done by Daalder Exhausts in Dandenong. I say go to them (or any other reputable exhaust shop) and tell them what kind of sound you're looking for, they'll be able to set you up with something close enough or exactly what you want for a fair price. Most shops should charge you around the same amount though, you're not really going to find a place that does it significantly cheaper than the other unless it's a shoddy job. I've heard good things about HiTech over in Sunshine, you should try give them a call and see what they can do.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:22 PM, choppyshrimp said:

I had mine done by Daalder Exhausts in Dandenong. I say go to them (or any other reputable exhaust shop) and tell them what kind of sound you're looking for, they'll be able to set you up with something close enough or exactly what you want for a fair price. Most shops should charge you around the same amount though, you're not really going to find a place that does it significantly cheaper than the other unless it's a shoddy job. I've heard good things about HiTech over in Sunshine, you should try give them a call and see what they can do.

thanks mate. 

My cousin is selling his IS350 in Jan. He will take the Ark performance exhaust system and ship it over to me from the US. I'll post before and after once i've replaced it. 

Thanks for your comments folks.