2018 NX 300 F Sport Headlight issue

Marrauder

Hello all, we are having a small issue with our NX 300. Don't think it is actually a problem with the car, but recently I noticed that the headlights are not turning on when you unlock the car.  When we purchased the NX in July 2018 the headlights would come on when you unlocked the car, this would include unlocking it from grabbing the handle or using the unlock button on the fob. this would happen in our garage and outside when it was dark.

But now when you unlock the car only the daytime running lights turn on, I spoke to my dealership and he wanted to help, but our dealership is over a hour and a half drive away and we don't plan on going there until our next service.

We have looked at the settings through the sound system under setup section for the vehicle and everything looks normal. The headlights are switched to Auto on the stalk and the Auto High beam is also turned on. But the headlights do not turn on when you unlock the car, however we noticed as the car is reversing out of the garage the headlights will turn on after the car moves a few meters and then they turn off again when you get out into the daylight.

If someone could point me to the right place or help this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, Thats what I thought as well, but I am severely visually impaired and when my wife reads the manuals etc it can be a harrowing experience 🙂

She did try to read it to me, when she said the item that had the 2 eye lashes on the stalk, this was her description of the parking lights icon as eye lashes 🙂I asked her to stop, but I guess will wait until we are back at the dealer and get them to sort it out.

Thanks

Ok just for reference, if someone else searches this problem.

Apparently according to our owners manual, when you unlock the car using iether the handle or the FOB, the rear parking lights, the number plate lights and the front positioning lights will turn on. The front positioning lights are the daytime running lights.

I was certain for the last 6 months the headlights had also turned on, this was how it worked for our Honda, but hey guess I was mistaken :S