Hi Everyone. (IS200 2003 Sports Luxury)

Mikec87

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I live in the south-side of Brisbane. I bought a very neat IS200 about 18 months ago. It was perfect except for the "sticky dash" so I went to Lexus of Springwood and they fitted a brand new dash and center console. The interior now looks as new. The car in general is probably one of the best around, even though it has 211,000km now.

Next upgrade will be a IS350 F Sport, or if I can stretch, a 2010+ ISF.

Love the brand and quality of fit and finish, and the particular dealership I now get my car serviced at are amazing.

DSC_3560.jpg

DSC_3564.jpg

DSC_3581.jpg

DSC_3586.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike.

Interested in your post. We have a 2005 IS200 in very good condition that we have owned since new - looks just like yours. But we also have the sticky dash problem and it is getting worse. I am assuming that you paid to have the new dash and centre console fitted, or did Lexus come to the party in any way? I am intending to pay a visit to my Lexus dealer in Melbourne later this week to see what they have to say so any feedback regarding your experiences would be great.

Thanks, Janet

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, JEM9882 said:

Hi Mike.

Interested in your post. We have a 2005 IS200 in very good condition that we have owned since new - looks just like yours. But we also have the sticky dash problem and it is getting worse. I am assuming that you paid to have the new dash and centre console fitted, or did Lexus come to the party in any way? I am intending to pay a visit to my Lexus dealer in Melbourne later this week to see what they have to say so any feedback regarding your experiences would be great.

Thanks, Janet

Hi Janet,

I did pay to have the dash and console fitted. Our dash was very bad.

We do not have the sat nav. The dash was $230.81, the center console was $155.31, so $386 for parts. The air bag cover was repainted, $80.

Labour was.....$800. So the total was $1,304.12. with GST. There was no help from Lexus regarding helping with the price, but having worked in parts for Toyota and others for 18 years....the dash and console were really cheap. Maybe I got trade price I am not sure. The big cost is labour....it is a big job.

The best part is the car is as new inside. It looks great. We got this done in November 2017, so hopefully the parts are still available. Toyota / Lexus have a pretty good support for older models.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Many thanks Mike for your response.

I visited Lexus yesterday and as expected, there was no help forthcoming.  Out of warranty etc etc.

They gave me a quote of $2200 including labour to replace the dash but I think it was quite a rough estimate.  I think we will just live with it at this point in time. But thanks again for your input. Very helpful.

Janet