CT200h low beam socket melted off (pics)

Hi guys, just replaced the driver's side low beam bulb (H11) and it cracked off to my surprise.

Took a picture with my phone to see what's up and to my horror, the whole socket looks melted off. 

Had to get long pliers to get the stuck bulb out. Bulb didn't look branded or oem, seems like an eBay special. 

Just wondering if anyone's had this problem and what the most cost effective remedy is, short of a brand new headlight assembly.

20190613_165415.thumb.jpg.16d633df47c008fb558e858bece16ef7.jpg

Have seen similar on other brands of vehicles.

1. Standard bulb or replacement, Contacts loose or corroded allows them to heat up with voltage drop across same.

2. Higher wattage than specified overheats contacts, surrounding areas and wire.

Your pic isnt clear on what parts are damaged.

If locking ring etc is still ok carefully try to to clean away any plastic that can still touch glass.

Check plug, contacts and wires for heat damage and discoloring. Replace/Repair if showing signs as mentioned.

Also check fuse for high beam to ensure larger value has not been substituted esp if higher wattage bulbs fitted.