Lexus Extended Warranty

JayLexin

Hi,

I have purchased a 2015 RCF from a Lexus dealership pre-owned. 

The factory warranty is 4 years default, because this car was purchase and traded in at a Lexus dealer, there is an opportunity to buy extended warranty. The cost is a flat fee of $1,770 AUD for 3 years and maximum 150,000 kms.

Do you think it is worth it? I purchased extended warranty on my IS350, and over 3 years didn’t claim anything, considering the RCF has much more tech, not sure if I should do it? 

I was told extended warranty can only be purchase before I take delivery of the car. 

Thanks 

Depends how many kms are on it, and how many you plan to put on it $1770 isn't a great amount for peace of mind. I had an extended warranty on my ISF and never used it.

1 hour ago, 2bling said:

My ISF is a 2011 bought it with 2 years left on the extended warranty, it is good piece of mind though.

Did u use of claim anything that need to be fixed over the 2 years? I have played the game of shelling out cash on Lexus extended on my IS350 for 3 years, the only things that went wrong were wear parts so couldn’t claim. Waste of cash for a piece of mind. 

Don't bother. Wear and tear are not covered and the only thing that would be covered is your drivetrain. Personal preference though 🙂

I'm on my third Lexus and the only thing that broke was a flat battery 🤣

9 hours ago, pearlisf said:

Don't bother. Wear and tear are not covered and the only thing that would be covered is your drivetrain. Personal preference though 🙂

I'm on my third Lexus and the only thing that broke was a flat battery 🤣

So don’t worry right? Do u have it on your ISF now ? 

Lexus extended warranty wouldn’t cover O2 sensor, bushings, water pump? 

My ISF extended warranty just ran out and I'm not really concerned at all. I assume they would cover those engine parts you mentioned. 

Go for it if you need a peace of mind. 🙂

Have you got any photos of the new car? 😁

5 hours ago, pearlisf said:

My ISF extended warranty just ran out and I'm not really concerned at all. I assume they would cover those engine parts you mentioned. 

Go for it if you need a peace of mind. 🙂

Have you got any photos of the new car? 😁

I think I will pass on the extended.

Here are some photos...

IMG_0138[1].JPG

IMG_0142[1].JPG

IMG_0184[1].PNG

IMG_0193[1].PNG

1 hour ago, pearlisf said:

Good pick mate, I think these look best in white. She's beautiful! Love the red interior. Now it just needs a nice exhaust to release that rumble 😁 

Thanks mate, I am planning to look into a resonator delete for now, this way the volume will increase.

I am keen to get out to a F model drive, but still waiting to be accepted into Lexus F Club Australia on FB....

• Like 1