ISF O2 sensor replacement

biscuit

Hi,

Now and then I get a CEL and the dealer traced the code to bank 1 (O2) sensor 2 - so drivers side rear. May as well replace both I figure as 130K km.

I can get the sensors of eBay or Amayama no probs, they look easy enough to get to where they're on the Joe Z where it connects up behind the Novel headers. Understand need to WD40 the night before as they're usually a bit seized, care not to strip thread etc.

But the connector is stupidly under the centre console (I think under around where the gear selector is, one on each side) which has to be removed to access.

Has anyone removed their centre console, just want to gauge how fiddly and  if there's bit that are prone to snapping etc. Or just leave to dealer and cough up labour (quote for parts/labour for one side was $680, knowing they're part price would be a lot higher though opposed to sourcing from internet myself).

Have searched this and US forums but couldn't really find anything or on Youtube.

Thanks

I think you just pull the carpet down around the console and find the plug, I haven't changed them but I think its pretty easy, and you will need a good O2 adapter to get them out.

• 2 years later...