GPS v25 (probably v22) 2019 for Au/Nz DVD based vehicles not SD card

Just got off the phone with Lexus parts department. He said definitely v24 is the latest disc, and the information he has is that end of February 2021, their latest disc release update (which he referred as being v25) should be available for purchase new. In other words it sounds like any current v25 26 or 27 are all fraudulent version changes, and probably screen printed labels to disc.

He suggested to wait until Feb/march if intending to spend money on a genuine disc update.

If anyone has a legit v24 , not a version edit , lemme know. Wouldnt mind it in the interim until the real v25 comes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, Is84f said:

Just got off the phone with Lexus parts department. He said definitely v24 is the latest disc, and the information he has is that end of February 2021, their latest disc release update (which he referred as being v25) should be available for purchase new. In other words it sounds like any current v25 26 or 27 are all fraudulent version changes, and probably screen printed labels to disc.

He suggested to wait until Feb/march if intending to spend money on a genuine disc update.

If anyone has a legit v24 , not a version edit , lemme know. Wouldnt mind it in the interim until the real v25 comes.

WOW I am confused, then what is PO's link? I downloaded a few days ago and tested it was OK though... just a bit slow loading when starting the vehicle...

IMG_20210115_110646.jpg

@conantThe version it displays (25 aus 14 nz) is obtained from a version file on the disc which can be edited to whatever you want - you could put version 35 in there, copy it to a disc and itll show that on your navs screen.

The map data itself however is from an old version and is unchanged. It will work, but you're truly running version 22 maps...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Is84f said:

@conantThe version it displays (25 aus 14 nz) is obtained from a version file on the disc which can be edited to whatever you want - you could put version 35 in there, copy it to a disc and itll show that on your navs screen.

The map data itself however is from an old version and is unchanged. It will work, but you're truly running version 22 maps...

Thanks mate! That makes sense...

Theres a bloke on ebay selling what he claims is version 25 of the toyota/lexus navigation disc and that it was removed from a smashed car. Funny thing is he's offering a discount if you buy two, and another discount if you buy three, etc. Its got to be a copy if he can offer discounts on multiple buys. I dont think its clicked with him that someone might just pick up on that fact

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.46.17 pm.png

Same Guy on ebay is also selling previous versions and also claiming the disc came out of a smashed car. Im stating the obvious that theyre  all copies and he's printing labels but most of the poor folk buying them would think theyre originals. And its a good earn for him too, would cost him 50 cents for a blank disc, id say his profit is about  90% on each disc. And he's sold hundreds. I emailed asking him how he can offer a discount on multiple discs when he has only one but he didn't reply of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Putting aside being copies - his deciet is far far worse.. the discs he sells are actually an older version with a renamed version file to trick the buyer, being sold each year but with the same actual map over and over. So youre not even buying a newer map, its like older version 22 or something, with a BS version 27 showing. You don't even get the latest 'real' lexus/toyota map (which is 24)

The lexus nav unit looks at a version file on the disc and when you choose the option to show the info on your nav thats what it displays. Effectively he could edit it to show v99 and then burn a copy and your nav will show version 99 in info (and running version 22 map data behind scenes)

This same guy just so happened to have a REAL version 24 for sale in its original dvd case at one point, and was asking $200. 

To a person not in the know with his tricks- where is his mind at... doesnt he think it will ring alarm bells that he has two v24 listings way different in price i.e. one v24 from a 'smashed car' (fake with a complete different image printing on the disc to that of the genuine one) for $50, and another v24 (real) for $200. Is he not shooting himself in the foot on his own scam.

Scum

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 10:36 AM, Bballplayer86 said:

has any one purchased from here ?

https://www.navigationau.com/contact-us.html

YEs, worked fine. i have the Toyota, Lexus Navigation Disc Australia V24 2018, looking to update shortly, I was told they work in the Kluger as well, which i have. And it loaded fine & no issues. 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, nicolas50 said:

YEs, worked fine. i have the Toyota, Lexus Navigation Disc Australia V24 2018, looking to update shortly, I was told they work in the Kluger as well, which i have. And it loaded fine & no issues. 

TomTom has not released any update after v24. Lexus has nothing after v24 available. NavigationAU sells v27! How can it possibly be? v27 is a disk with old content and edited version file.

Neurus is correct.

Seems even the cheap $50 V24s on ebay before were fake version-edits of an older version (22). Yet to see a real V24 in the wild, just original Tomtom discs which are currently $177 at navshop.com.au

Looks like all the listings on ebay are gone now, which is good.

One of the Lexus dealers have confirmed that (the real) v25 still hasnt reached them yet. Im going to check with head office to see if theyd have an idea at all on a rough ETA

I asked TomTom directly. This is their response:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

We regret to inform you that we currently don’t have updates on when the updates will be available.
Considering the ongoing COVID-19 situation its likely that it might be delayed further or may not be available at all.

Normally they release updates once a year.

Regards,
TomTom Customer Support

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, bazzle said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y9AyUvk4Pw6y30A2rFPZY4cOhWesRKK4

I burnt to an DVD-R DL (Dual Layer.)

Works a treat so far (1 day) in my Is350 2012

EDIT:

See my post 5 more down this page for single DVD with OZ only maps.

Hit thanks if it is ok 🙂

Hi there first time poster. Just picked up GS 450 today. I saw you post but when I went to check the file it says it is no longer there. Is there another location available?  Thanks Greg

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

New member here - I'm keen on the OZ only version to update files in my old Lexus and the Missus' 2010 Prius - Any chance someone could make a Google Drive link as the Mega files are not available anymore :( 

Hi Bazzle

Your help on this forum for Lexus owners is amazing.

I have the V25 ISO and want to remove the NZ content from the image file so that I can creat a DVD (not DL).  Can you help me identify the file/files to remove from either the root folder or the IDX folder?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

28 minutes ago, Bewise said:

Hi Bazzle

Your help on this forum for Lexus owners is amazing.

I have the V25 ISO and want to remove the NZ content from the image file so that I can creat a DVD (not DL).  Can you help me identify the file/files to remove from either the root folder or the IDX folder?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

There is no such thing as a v25 DVD. Last release was v24. 

https://navshop.com.au/products/lexus-is-cg-1995-to-aug-2012-v24

There is a guy selling copies of v22 with the version file updated so it looks like it is v25.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, Neurus said:

POISR008.IDX and POISR009.IDX are the NZ files you want to delete to make the image fit into a standard DVD

Hi Neurus

Thank you for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 7:09 PM, bazzle said:

Here it is without NZ maps info.

Will fit on an normal single layer DVD-R 4.7gb   

V25 - Without NZ
https://mega.nz/#!yE0VASaB
Key: tdoaz0n1bAriVH51H6N9-dqPb_G0v8u6PHrucxw4mQs

Thanks go to kombi17 at gpspower.net for pulling size down :)

See another how to here:

https://www.gpspower.net/toyota-lexus/359722-toyota-lexus-au-nz-v25-14-2019-a.html#post1178901

Which files do you take off to get rid of NZ? Thanks 

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 which has inbuilt navigation. Does anyone know if the Lexus updates work with this system? 

Is the navigation system in the Lexus one which has the DVD in a player under the front passenger seat (I.e. you DVD remains in the player)? The Aurion has a system which you insert the update DVD into the in-dash DVD player, wait for the update to complete, then remove it.

Attached is what is shown on the navigation screen after selecting map update function.20210822_105311.thumb.jpg.a18206ff3d8806bea1230b2494b784ad.jpg

Thanks for any assistance. 

Edited by Miztadave
Add image

• 7 months later...

Hi, new here, just bought a 2010 hybrid Camry AHV40R and the disc inside is version 16 maybe. Thinking that’s pretty darn old and want to update but Navshop charges $295! My cars system is the Denzo and from what I can tell the Lexus discs will work in my Camry! Anyone know how to get latest or even one before that a lot cheaper? Not sure if I still have a DVD burner but I would rather buy a cheap one of those than pay $295 for one disc!

thanks heaps

Linda

Edited by Trying_hybrid
Spellcheck