Reviews And Other Common Stuff On These Cars

• 1 year later...

hi there, i was wondering if you can get a boss kit for a ucf 11 celsior (or whether it is possible due to airbag). ive got one with JIC ajustable coilovers and clear lenses and 18s but all i need to finish it off is a decent steering wheel. can you get anything from japan so i can fit an aftermarket steering wheel? any help or advice much appreciated.

cheers

sam

• 2 years later...

Hello there everyone.... umm I am new to this site & am not sure if I am posting in the right place but I will give it ago! :-)

I have just got a 89 Celsior Imported to Tasmania from Japan however when they were bringing it over they smashed the front spoiler off!!! with a lot of persistance I managed to get the shipping company to buy me a new front spoiler!

this took 2 months to show up & when it did the other day it didnt fit!!!! is there a slight difference between the front of a celsior & a LS400?

some help on this would be really really great!!! as I am stuck!

my email if you want to contact me directly is matthewbrucegoldsmith@telstra.com

• 1 year later...
hi there, i was wondering if you can get a boss kit for a ucf 11 celsior (or whether it is possible due to airbag). ive got one with JIC ajustable coilovers and clear lenses and 18s but all i need to finish it off is a decent steering wheel. can you get anything from japan so i can fit an aftermarket steering wheel? any help or advice much appreciated.

cheers

sam

Hi,

You can buy a BOSS kit for the 98 Soarer, from any automotive store, eg, Bursons, Repco, Autobarn ect.

Just make sure you tell them to get the cruise control version.

It is possible whether or not you have an air bag.

Cheers

Dean

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Yey another n00b full o' qusetions.

In short, I'm set on getting a first gen LS400 (going to look at candidate #1 this week), and I thought this would be the place to ask the basics - What are the common areas to take note of when inspecting a potenial LS400? Being model specific problem areas...

Any help would be muchly appreciated :)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Another common problem is the climate control display tends to be faulty after a while, the black can bleed up in to the display from the bottom and make it hard to read, new LCD panels are or were available on ebay so check there is you need another one, not sure about Original parts if they are available.

Another issue can be the CD stacker and so far I have not found anyone that can repair it, the laser unit starts having reading errors and apparently the laser units are no longer available from pioneer.

• 2 years later...

If you're getting a timing belt replaced on one of these make sure u do the cams and crank seals while you're at it (and get a timing belt kit that has the water pump in it too), I just bought a 89 LS400 that has about 120,000 on it, timing belt was done at 102,000, but crank n cam seals weren't done, I was already pulling down the front of the motor to fix the timing belt, so I put new seals and 2 new rotor buttons in, cam timing was out about 4 teeth on the righthand camshaft, also the righthand cam sensor wiring has a habit of coming loose and rubbing up against the drive belt (easy fixed with zip tie)...

I've only owned mine for about 2 weeks and I love it, I got it really cheap because it was only running on the left bank due to the right camshaft being out heaps, just got the parts last night and put them in today, runs like a dream now :D

• 2 months later...

G'day, I have a 93 LS400 and have been having issues with the dash. I'm aware of the cleaning option but mine has now drifted out by about 30-40 Kms per hour now.

Can any one recommend where to find a dash cluster or repair place? I have taken the car to Howard's instruments and apparently whoever had the car prior to me pulled the dash out and tampered with needles so they can't fix it. Willing to purchase a 2nd hand cluster and get that repaired if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help or information

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm new to the site. I own a 1990 LS400.

It's fully bagged (I've been told it's factory bagged...not sure if this is correct?)

Having issues with getting the bags to reinflate...any ideas how I can fix it would be much appreciated.