so i'm struggling with the front seatbelts. they retract perfectly fine to where it should be when not being used.

When i get in the car and attempt to pull the seatbelt out it doesn't give, sometimes im sitting there for 15-20 mins wiggling it to try be able to put on seatbelt before driving?

Tried on flat ground also, no major wear on seatbelt, have wiped it, blown some air onto mechanism to get any dust off. I am finding though whenevr the car is on a decline or an incline though, the seatbelts don't lock and is very easy to pull out and clip seat belt in.

Would this be to do with the sensor? any tips/tricks/ideas?

On 6/2/2020 at 11:59 AM, Brentramsay said:

so i'm struggling with the front seatbelts. they retract perfectly fine to where it should be when not being used.

When i get in the car and attempt to pull the seatbelt out it doesn't give, sometimes im sitting there for 15-20 mins wiggling it to try be able to put on seatbelt before driving?

Tried on flat ground also, no major wear on seatbelt, have wiped it, blown some air onto mechanism to get any dust off. I am finding though whenevr the car is on a decline or an incline though, the seatbelts don't lock and is very easy to pull out and clip seat belt in.

Would this be to do with the sensor? any tips/tricks/ideas?

The belts have an inertia lock on them and it seems your lock is getting stuck in the lock position when on rewind. Yes, a slope or incline will usually unlock them but it is suggesting that the belts need attention or replacement. Initial idea is to lock the belt into the buckle when you get out of the car. Next step is to fully extended the belt when you can and slowly retract it, do not let it wind back quickly. It's a good bet the reactor is out of calibration, for whatever reason, and may need to be dealt with at a dealer.