Noisy when shut the trunk

Peter Yeh

I have a lexus nx200t F Sport since 2017 from brand new , few months ago it starts making a noise when I shut the trunk, I have noticed one of power motor stick on right hand side causing the problem, the noise starts at 80% (shut), does anyone having the same issue?

• 4 weeks later...

On 12/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, Peter Yeh said:

I have a lexus nx200t F Sport since 2017 from brand new , few months ago it starts making a noise when I shut the trunk, I have noticed one of power motor stick on right hand side causing the problem, the noise starts at 80% (shut), does anyone having the same issue?

Sorry for late reply, been a while since been on here,

I have a 2018 Lexus NX 300 F Sport and mine did this as well, just before my 2 year service. I had it fixed under warranty, but now 6 months later the left side has started making the same noise. Not sure if it is a faulty batch or are we going to have to replace these motorized struts every 2 years 😞 I will be getting the left one fixed under warranty at next service.

• 4 months later...

Mine does the same thing too!   After 3 years, just after the warranty, i started hearing occasional loud jamming noise whenever I close the power trunk.