The good oil

Slopshua

Hi all, hope you all had a good Xmas/New Years and all the best for 2021!

I have recently started doing my own servicing on the ISF. I threw 9L of Penrite FS 5W-40 in her at the last service mostly because I've used Penrite oils for many years now and have never had any issues. 

Has me wondering what other people's experiences are with oil for the F? I'd be interested to know 👍

On 1/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, Slopshua said:

Hi all, hope you all had a good Xmas/New Years and all the best for 2021!

I have recently started doing my own servicing on the ISF. I threw 9L of Penrite FS 5W-40 in her at the last service mostly because I've used Penrite oils for many years now and have never had any issues. 

Has me wondering what other people's experiences are with oil for the F? I'd be interested to know 👍

Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard the high Zinc content in Penrite could potentially harm the cats. Cats are very expensive.

Has anyone got any more info on this?

Hi Jim, that's very interesting.. if someone out there can confirm that I'd also be most interested in some further info. Does anyone know what oil Lexus use at the stealership? 

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Slopshua said:

Hi Jim, that's very interesting.. if someone out there can confirm that I'd also be most interested in some further info. Does anyone know what oil Lexus use at the stealership? 

Castrol edge is they use. Well at most dealerships in brisbane anyway