Leaking rear shock replacement options

WilY

Hi all,

Took the ISF in for a routine service recently and was informed that one of the rear shocks is leaking and due for replacement.

I'm considering going with OE replacements at the moment - was quoted ~$720 for both rears installed from the dealership (ouch), but what other possible options are available? My preference is to maintain stock ride height, and improved comfort would be a huge plus.

I'd consider replacing the entire set with aftermarket parts. I've heard of BC and KW coilovers, but don't want to lower my ride height - my exhaust and front bumper are scraped enough as is!

Cheers

After a bit of further reading, also considering Bilstein B6's with stock springs. Seems like a a good OEM replacement.

Some relevant threads I went through: 

1. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/860285-upgrading-shocks-from-2010-bilstein-or-2013-oe.html
  2. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/824150-bilstein-b6-monotube-shocks-for-isf-2.html
1 hour ago, Peterkay said:

Looking at that i say $720.00 is pretty good and fitted too. 

Check out LexusPartsNow.com to compare. 

Enjoy your new beast :yahoo:

Thanks for the link! Good to hear that $720 is good; though to be honest I didn't ask whether it was just for the one shock or both rear shocks, just thought that surely they'd be replaced as a pair per usual! Will clarify... but surely it's not $720 for the one shock...