Hey everyone,

More progress on my car. Got the ISF exhaust fitted. The secondary cats were deleted and the new Gesi 2.5 inch hi-flow cats are now upfront just behind the first join.

Mod list so far is;

* Genuine F-Sport intake

* ISF factory exhaust mid-pipe and rear mufflers.
* RR-Racing Tune
* PPE Headers (not fitted yet, arriving in June I hope)

Sound is quit nice. Very quiet (silent) at highway speeds and a nice note at lower speeds. Downside is that the rear floor is different on the ISF to the IS350, and the left cross over pipe hits the floor hard, so I have to get that remade (this Wednesday)

Went to the track Saturday (15th) and my best was a 13.351 @ 103.80 mph. Very happy with that. 60' best was 2.001. There is another T&T this coming Saturday, so hoping to see a 13.20 if the DA is low enough.

I have had 8 runs with the stock exhaust and F-Sport intake. I had 5 runs with the tune and ISF exhaust. Using the averages for each, I have picked up 0.414 of a second over the 1/4 and mph is up 3.14 since the tune and exhaust upgrade. That is pretty good I think.

The car should run a 13.20 @ 104+ if I get a good launch and change gear at the right time. When I ran the 13.351, I messed up and ran the limiter hard in 3rd hard before changing to 4th.

Using a simple 1/4 mile calculator, the car is up about 28.5 hp just with the tune and the exhaust. So with the PPE headers, I hope another 15 - 18 ??  That would make it hit the 100 hp/litre or 350 hp at the engine and maybe that elusive 12 second time. I may borrow some sticky tires to help so I can launch harder.

I have attached some pics of the car with the new bar cover 😊

_1010142.jpg

_1010143.jpg

_1010144.jpg

IS_350_13.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:05 PM, ilv1004s said:

intresting how you went with the ISF rear mufflers

they are restrictive as well

The mid pipe off the ISF is better than Nvidia etc simply because of the size. Dual 60mm into 90mm resonator then exit size is 70mm. The 350 in comparison dual 50mm into 60mm in and out the resonator. The rear pipes after the factory T piece are tiny at 40mm or so each. Mine are now 2.5 inch each from the T-Piece to the mufflers.

The rear may be restrictive on the 5.0 but way better than the stock IS350 mufflers. The main reason was looks and keeping it quiet without the dreaded Commodore V6 farty sound.

With the tune,HF cats and exhaust, power increase was more than 28 so I am more than happy with that. -4 tenths and nearly +4 mph is awesome. Can't wait for the PPE headers to arrive.....

4 hours ago, bazzle said:

Might be less so that the standard IS350 ones ??

oh yah def less than the 350s

but for what it is 

isf are restrictive as hell

3 hours ago, Mikec87 said:

The mid pipe off the ISF is better than Nvidia etc simply because of the size. Dual 60mm into 90mm resonator then exit size is 70mm. The 350 in comparison dual 50mm into 60mm in and out the resonator. The rear pipes after the factory T piece are tiny at 40mm or so each. Mine are now 2.5 inch each from the T-Piece to the mufflers.

The rear may be restrictive on the 5.0 but way better than the stock IS350 mufflers. The main reason was looks and keeping it quiet without the dreaded Commodore V6 farty sound.

With the tune,HF cats and exhaust, power increase was more than 28 so I am more than happy with that. -4 tenths and nearly +4 mph is awesome. Can't wait for the PPE headers to arrive.....

yes midpipe is good design 

the rear section is not