Hi all, just bought my first Lexus!

Hi all, just like to introduce myself. My name is John, I’m from Melbourne, I just fulfilled my dream of buying a Lexus. I recently purchased a late 2012 (MY13) IS 350 Sports Luxury in Vermillion red with light beige leather. I worked at a Toyota dealer in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and fell in love with the Lexus brand when I would often drive the bosses ES 300, LS 400 and GS 300

My car is a one owner car from Qld with 87k km. It’s an immaculate car and everything I thought it would be. The only issue I have is poor reception for AM will probably try and get some advice on that.

My entry into Lexus ownership  wasn’t easy. When I purchased my car from a seller in QLD (with the help of a good friend up there who’s a car wholesaler and Japanese car but) My car made its journey to Melbourne from Brisbane in late November last year without a hitch. My nephew detailed the car with Canuba wax, it was just stunning. I took it to get a Roadworthy the next day ..and it was a disaster. The mechanic (Techfit Automotive in Mill Park) reversed my car with the door open and clipped the driver’s door from the inside bending it forward and destroying the door. To cut a long story short, it took me just over 2 months to get my car repaired (due to time of year), but in the first week of February I got my baby back. The mechanic reneged on their offer to repair-issue a RWC at no charge, totally reprehensible people, but the panel shop did a GREAT job and I’m sooo enjoying my new beast.

Anyhoo, look forward to many chats with other Lexus owners in the future!

Cheers, all.

• Like 1