HI all, brand new here and first time Lexus owner - definitely won't be the last!

Just wondering about anyone's experiences with throttle controllers like iDrive or HikeIT

I understand what they do and why they would be worth having on a vehicle without the 'power' and 'economy' switch, but as the IS250 has this feature, is it any different at all to just using the factory 'power' setting?

Thanks for your thoughts 🙂

I love my APEXi Smart Accel controller.

Testing it with an OBD reader when I first installed it showed that it outputs a higher voltage at maximum throttle than when the unit is turned off, so acceleration can be slightly greater than stock.

It does change the throttle response curve (you can see the 7 or so on their website) and from testing it does behave how they advertise. I have zero regrets installing one into my IS250. It can make the driving experience feel more spirited, but won't gain you any additional power. I use mine with PWR mode on and it definitely makes it feel quicker than standard PWR mode as it feeds the ECU maximum voltage after only 1/3 of the throttle is down.

Edited by Atlantis