No sound coming from the speakers

Duns

I’ve been a Lexus owner now for 10 years. Never had an issue until now. Have just joined this forum hoping to get some help. I currently own a 2014 IS350 F Sport which I’ve had for 5 years. A week ago the speakers in my car suddenly stopped working. There is no sound from radio, or the navigation system nor the phone connection.

After several days of google searches I found some answers from international sites putting it down to either a problem from one of the speakers causing all of the speakers not to work or from the amp.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did you best resolve it? I called Lexus today and they quoted me $2,400 to instal a new amp.  Trying to find a self fix solution if anyone can offer some advise.

The quietness while driving is deafening, please help.

yes its becoming common on the newer IS

the best way to go about this is 

call up a wrecker and get a 2nd hand amp and put it in

be around the 400 to 500 mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't listen to Lexus. They won't help you, they are only interested in selling cars.

I have had this problem and the best place to get a repair done to your amplifier is Supertech Electronics , my repair cost $861 and everything is now working perfect.

Their website is  www.electronicrepairs.com.au they are located at Arundel on the Gold Coast Qld. I visited the Gold Coast and had mine fixed while staying there for a few days as they remove the unit and you can still drive away. Other option is to do the test they show on their website and then follow the instructions and remove the unit yourself or get your mechanic to do so. You can then post it to them and they will return it once repaired.

Interesting I have 2 Lexus vehicles and the electronics has played up in both of them.