Lexus Ls400/toyota Celsior Tow Bar

For sale 5 month old custom made by Haymen Reese towbar with removable toe hook. I had to remove it to fit new exhaust on the LS400 and also because the boat that used to be towed with it was sold a few months ago.

Only used to tow boat 3-4 times

In Melbourne looking for $350 ONO

For sale 5 month old custom made by Haymen Reese towbar with removable toe hook. I had to remove it to fit new exhaust on the LS400 and also because the boat that used to be towed with it was sold a few months ago.

Only used to tow boat 3-4 times

In Melbourne looking for $350 ONO

G'day does the towbar go through the rear bar or under it?

Where in melb are you?

Thanks Tim :D

Heres a pic of the back of the car when the tow bar was on.

It sits below the bar so no modifying to the rear bar needs to be done. When its taken off looks like you never had a tow bar either.

I am in narre warren

img_4959_574.jpg

Only reason i took it off to the exhaust was because the 2 rear mufflers I got were not offset to the side like the stock mufflers. I had already bought the mufflers before without realising so had no choice but to use them. A bit of the area around the exhaust cutout on the rear bar had to be cut out extra to fit and where the mufflers needed to sit 1 of the bolts on either side of the tow bar would have to be cut or modified. So since I was not planning to tow anything again I decided to take the tow bar off without damaging or midifying it.

If you use proper offset mufflers you wont have a problem with the tow bar, if thats what you are worried about. Dont have a pic with it off yet, but it looks like the tow bar was never there as it was custom made by haymen reese so it sat perfectly at the back.

Hello again,

I'm very interested in the towbar can I get your number so I can call you or you can call me on 0425719118

Thanks Tim

Heres a pic of the back of the car when the tow bar was on.

It sits below the bar so no modifying to the rear bar needs to be done. When its taken off looks like you never had a tow bar either.

I am in narre warren

img_4959_574.jpg

Only reason i took it off to the exhaust was because the 2 rear mufflers I got were not offset to the side like the stock mufflers. I had already bought the mufflers before without realising so had no choice but to use them. A bit of the area around the exhaust cutout on the rear bar had to be cut out extra to fit and where the mufflers needed to sit 1 of the bolts on either side of the tow bar would have to be cut or modified. So since I was not planning to tow anything again I decided to take the tow bar off without damaging or midifying it.

If you use proper offset mufflers you wont have a problem with the tow bar, if thats what you are worried about. Dont have a pic with it off yet, but it looks like the tow bar was never there as it was custom made by haymen reese so it sat perfectly at the back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi 

New member in a quandary, Selling my Prado which is a tow vehicle for my camper trailer. I've got a low milage  (92000k)  1999 LS400 as a Sunday driver, my question is can it tow a camper with a TARE of 1450kg GTM 2000KG, fitted with elec brakes????

Apparently there is no tow bar available in Australia !!!!!!!! there is however a heavy duty cert 2 type available from the US. It seems an ideal way of touring but not sure if realistic. Any comments and advice appreciated.

Jeff