Fujitsubo And Low End Questions

so, i asked my mechanic what he recommends for an exhaust upgrade, he recommended the Fujitsubo exhaust, i forgot which model it is. he said it won't enhance the low end, but will give more power to the mid range and high end. so my question to you all is, what's considered low end, mid range and high end?? is 3000rpm and above considered mid range? then when do i step into the high rev range??

another question, if anyone has heard of the Fujitsubo, is it any good? my mechanic recommended this based on some exhaust guidebook in japanese that lists fujitsubo as a prime exhaust, or something...

so, any comments would be appreciated! thanks! :lol:

Well, I'd consider mid-range 3000-5000rpm. The 3SGE only comes alive at 5000!

Usually 4-into-1 manifolds give top-end revs, and 4-into-2-into-1 give better mid-range. I don't know which brands are better, but it always pays to ask a few supplier's opinions.

PM Boothy and ask him which company is doing the exhausts for his IS430. That will probably have custom race exhausts built by someone who knows what he is doing.

keith

so, i asked my mechanic what he recommends for an exhaust upgrade, he recommended the Fujitsubo exhaust, i forgot which model it is. he said it won't enhance the low end, but will give more power to the mid range and high end. so my question to you all is, what's considered low end, mid range and high end?? is 3000rpm and above considered mid range? then when do i step into the high rev range??

another question, if anyone has heard of the Fujitsubo, is it any good? my mechanic recommended this based on some exhaust guidebook in japanese that lists fujitsubo as a prime exhaust, or something...

so, any comments would be appreciated! thanks! :lol:

As long as it has a oval muffler it will be good for torque, most N1 style is only good for top end power...in terms of quality wise Fujitsubo is only average...Tom's has the best workmanship in my expirence...

Matt :D

thanks keith, well, i think my altezza must have some problems then.... because the few times i've tried hitting all gears to 5000+, it starts to go limp on me. most obvious is 1st gear...

my altezza's been quite modded from the first owner, and i had it changed back to original (if my mechanic didn't lie) clutch and flywheel. just seems like it's not clinching well. i do have 4-2-1 exhaust manifold setup.

i rarely hear about fujitsubo recommended in this site. i wonder why? ;)

hi matt, thanks. well, i told my mechanic that i didn't want to be revving crazy all the time, as i don't street race at all, just want a bit of juice when i want it. that's why he recommended the fujitsubo to me, saying that it doesn't have too obnoxious sound and good for my app. plus it's way cheaper to get the mid pipe and end pipe from fujitsubo than just the muffler from tom's!