Righto- I've searched the galaxy(or at least all of the Auckland performance shops) to locate EITHER a replacement free-flow air filter for the factory airbox OR a replacement"bolt on" induction kit,and NOBODY HAS THEM!!!

I've even been speaking to the importer for KNN to see if they can source one but they say even they have nothing listed.

Firstly,do those members that DO have aftermarket induction kits notice a difference in driveability/performance/lovely growling noises? This will direct me as to wether I should pursue this further.

Secondly,can anyone provide me with pricing on a cost (in whichever currency)for me to purchase one from overseas and ship it.

The only option I have been offered is to have one "custom"fabricated to fit my car(remembering it is a 6cyl)-but I'm a bit dubious on this as there is not a great deal of technical knowledge on these cars in NZ yet,and for all I know I could end up paying the money and LOSING horsepower!

Would appreciate your thoughts...

Regards,

Gav B)

gav-

Check out the japanese sites on Altezza/IS200, as they have pages where people who have had mods done say how easy they were to do, how much they cost and what difference it made. A good one is-

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

and then enter-

http://relax.on.arena.ne.jp/altezza/tuneim...mpre/index.html

and ask it to translate the Japanese. This is the first page-

** part impression **

Entire publication several 1311 points

Engine tuning (524)

* CPU & control & plug & air cleaner & exhaust & muffler * clutch & flywheel & ground & L.S.D & turbocharger * compressor * engine kit & transmission & other things

Handling part (216)

* Suspension & stabilizer & ??????? & tower bar

Brake part (18)

* Pad & line

Dress rise (323)

* Exterior & aero part & valve & H.I.D. & tire & wheel & interior & shift knob & meter * seat & belt & horn

Good luck

PS- dropped the first publicity slips off to Toyota in Pukekohe today, and stuck one under the wiper of a parked IS200 :)

SRT Intake is only for the IS300, Do you want one for a IS200? If so I have one fitted on and no there isnt much change in the engine note.

Fark what is wrong with my typing these days like i am so lost.

The air filter is developed by Trust.

Yep-looking for an intake for the 200.

Cheers for the info Greeneyes,you keen on catching up to bounce ideas for NZLOC off each other?(off topic) apologies for not have spoken last few days,work schedule been touch hectic.

I'll be doing the same to central city,west and north shore on the publicity front-can I take a look at your flyer so we can have a uniform design to spread the word?

I'll pm my email addy.

Hey....

I don't think there are any Replacement intake for the 1G-FE (used in IS200/300) But I do know and I can hook you up with a HKS IS200/AS200 replacement air filter...I think you can try order one from HKS dealers here in Auckland, but if you need help juast give me a shout at frylai@hotmail.com

Matt

Nice one shadow-looks just like I thought it would.Is this on your car?If so,I'm guessing you sourced it locally...and what sort of $$ value would that be asking if i wanted to grab one?(would prob want to fir a cold air box around the pod also)

Cheers,

gav B)

• 3 weeks later...

ST HITEC in new market can get induction kits, I got a APEXI filter and full adapter kit from them for $350, and also advanced imports can get them but they have to order them in as they dont stock air filters for altezza's, but they can get hks!!

ST HITEC in new market can get induction kits, I got a APEXI filter and full adapter kit from them for $350, and also advanced imports can get them but they have to order them in as they dont stock air filters for altezza's, but they can get hks!!

LOL, Advance Import, Gav S went in for a Filter and turned out they prefer to sell him a 2JZ-GE Supra Engine.....the difference between $200 and $10,000 :D

Matt

I personally dont deal with advanced imports and that would remind me why!!!!!

ST HITEC are pretty on to it with japanese cars as I got some stuff done to my evo 4 there so now will go back there for stuff.

09 523 5333

Located in the EX Mercury Energy building complex,

Gate 5 Nuffield Street in New Market

I personally dont deal with advanced imports and that would remind me why!!!!!

ST HITEC are pretty on to it with japanese cars as I got some stuff done to my evo 4 there so now will go back there for stuff.

09 523 5333

Located in the EX Mercury Energy building complex,

Gate 5 Nuffield Street in New Market

4ROLLIN...

I thought you are located in Hamilton? are you in AKL???

Matt

Yeah Im from Hamilton but heaps of people from Hamilton come up to Auck's to get perfromance stuff as Hamilton in my opinion is inexperienced with modifying cars, for example no one sells the induction kits for altezza's/lexus's here in hamilton and I had to come to Auckland to get a Apexi boost controller fitted aswell on the evo.

Dont come up to Auckland very much though as busy at Waikto Uni etc and getting drunk and going clubbin in Hamilton

cheers

Yeah Im from Hamilton but heaps of people from Hamilton come up to Auck's to get perfromance stuff as Hamilton in my opinion is inexperienced with modifying cars, for example no one sells the induction kits for altezza's/lexus's here in hamilton and I had to come to Auckland to get a Apexi boost controller fitted aswell on the evo.

Dont come up to Auckland very much though as busy at Waikto Uni etc and getting drunk and going clubbin in Hamilton

cheers

Yeah, I went down to the National Motor Show back in March and most of the tuners are from Auckland...only the car dealers are from Hamilton, I also heard that The Lexus Dealer in Hamilton are *BLEEP* on customer services, BTW I hate that guy that talked to me on teh lexus stand in the motor show....

Matt

Hamilton is only good for mags and tyres really at the moment. I just find that I have more confidence in Auckland tuners as they have had more experience if you go to the right places...

cheers..

Hayden

To be honest hardly anyone in NZ has alot of knowlege on these cars....thats why i get all my info from the US...

Matt

www.is300.net