Temperature, Battery & Oil Guages

Guess I'm talking from generalisations about vehicles here, but my impression is:

Temperature: in the middle after running for a while (too hot or too cold = bad)

Battery: About 14.4V is the standard voltage for a correctly charging battery while the engine is running. This will start dropping if your battery is dying, but 13.8 or so is fine and usually what I'd read on a proper multimeter back in my car audio days. While the engine's not running, it should be about 12V +/- 0.5V.

Oil: Not so sure about this as I've never had an oil gauge before - but I'm guessing that mid to full is reasonable?

...and the oil pressure drops down when idling, and is higher when the engine is cold than when it is warmed up.

hell, I never look!

Just don't let the temp go over the top! (if you blow a radiator hose the temp goes up to boiling then drops back when it runs right out of water. It doesn't mean the engine is cooling off, it means it has run out of water completely and is about to go boom!)

keith

On the 1G-FE there is water temperature, battery and fuel consumption gauges. On the 3S-GE, there is water temperature, battery and oil pressure level (hence the symbol with the oil can and the drip).

This is straight from the manual. :-]

On the 1G-FE there is water temperature, battery and fuel consumption gauges. On the 3S-GE, there is water temperature, battery and oil pressure level (hence the symbol with the oil can and the drip).

This is straight from the manual. :-]

Nice one.... :)