New Zealand Soarer Owners.....

Hello Nz Soarer owners: I was just wondering about other owners in NZ, what part of the country you are from, good/bad places to go for work on 'her', what mods etc........I have just purchased a 91 Jzz30 Limited, Dark green and standard bar a BFI. I intend to high flow the towards the end of the year: has anyone had this done or know a place that can do it? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im on Auckland's North Shore

I have a blue TT Soarer so far had it lowered, tints, air filter, momo steering wheel, new head unit and rear speakers, changed 8" free air sub to a 15" in the boot. i am currently looking for new mags so i can put the high performace air i have in them hahahahaha.

JZdream: are those the mags you intend to fit in your profile pic? I was also thinkin of putting gold rims on........Metallic blue or mettallic green with gold rims would look great i reckon.....The main reason for upgrading my wheels is for traction!...pesky 16" wheels start spinning too easliy :huh: : yours a manual or auto?

Hey Tim.

Those were the rims i wanted for a while now but i started looking in a different shop but he has dicked me around to much so i have gone back to them again. If they came in chrome i would go that way but my choice is limited to Graphite, Silver or Gold. I plan going 235 35 19 front and 275 30 19 on rear. In the end when money is more my friend i do plan to change the colour to a lighter blue. My taste at the mo is for the Blue on the new Fords XR6 Turbos but i would add some gold flakes in as well.

Unfortunatly when i got my car i didnt have the pleasue with time to fine a Manual as my prelude had surcome to rust and was not road worth. So its an auto for now also. If you can get me a R154 gearbox on the cheap ill take it.

Just some info for ya only 5% of all Soarers are manual. your a lucky sod if you have one.

• 1 month later...

JzDream: no mines an auto...but it doesnt really worry me as it such a nice box. I think theres a manual R-154 on trademe at the moment i think (i cant search at the moment as im at work and searching on trademe gets blocked :()...You heading down to Taupo for the trackday (check the events board)- would be good to have another Jzz30 owner there :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

sup guys. just recently bought a 1996 black 2jz-ge with 59.900km's. im the 3rd lucky owner of this car thank god. previous owner left it sitting outside. some hail damage in certain light and back quarter panel has been resprayed badly. it was filthy when i went for a look. awful. lowered on 18" German made alloys tucked under a tree she was a letdown. i went into this skeptical because it had 1600+ views on trade me. relisted 3times. anyway, Asian guy came out and the inspection began. interior was amazing. almost twenty years old and it stood up to the almighty test of time...well, it did have door panel crack on drivers side that ive read about. under the hood was the same, clean..just dam clean. looked new man..i looked at this guy and gave him "the look". he wanted $3800 ono. why so cheap. other soarers on TM wanted around 7-12k and with excess of 200.000km. long long story shortened, the car belongs too me now. thank god! its amazing! after using a mothers clay bar which i really recommend, it did what it claimed and removed years of grit leaving finish smooth for wax. wow. mirror finish. this guy really messed up, it goes so strong you would assume it was off the factory floor, he has no turbo but man, wow, when i floor it there is this nano second delay...then...WANG!! its throws me back in my seat and wont quit like its trying too kill me..its mad..like pissed off! im in love with my car..bad..it has giving me so much attention already..this car is making me into...a poser! i feel so cool driving it muhahaha! i myself, find myself just staring at it...studying every curve and line...life will never be the same again.

p.s im in Christchurch look for me...hugging my car.

• Like 1