So i replaced the standard air filter with a TRD filter [standard airbox] for starters. Not bad at all, a noticable difference in the breathing of the engine for sure. Worth doing for sure.

I am planning to put a high flow cat and 3" pipe from the cat back in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to get around 15KW and 20Nm out of the exhaust and filter. Do you guys think that is a realistic figure?

I have been quoted around $700AUS for the cat, pipe and muffler - install as well. Is that a reasonable price? I am not very handy myself so installing myself is not really an option.

Also is there a bigger "mouth" for the standard air box? I dont really want to modify to a cold air box at this stage. Maybe a unichip and dyno after the exhaust is done will do the trick.....

anyway just thought you guys maybe able to provide some feedback on what i am planning to do...

Matt

I am planning to put a high flow cat and 3" pipe from the cat back in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to get around 15KW and 20Nm out of the exhaust and filter. Do you guys think that is a realistic figure?

I have been quoted around $700AUS for the cat, pipe and muffler - install as well. Is that a reasonable price? I am not very handy myself so installing myself is not really an option.

Will that be a custom exhaust? If so, ensure they have tested it on an IS before ;)

No one have done anything to enlarge the mouth of the intake inlet yet on the AS/IS200...they all go for the Trust IS200 intake with custom heatshield...but since you already got the TRD filter I will say use it for a year (usefu life) then get the real thing then...moding a car step by step is good too! Remember Apex-i S-AFC II!!! They make your car flow 10 times better after modifications!

Matt =)

Yep, I would get SAFC, or E-Manage.

Custom tuned length extractors, 2.5" exhaust from Manifold. Take out the cat (shhhh) Panel Filter, maybe some cam gears (if they are avail) Raise compression.

Probably gain about 25rwkw with these mods.

Thanks guys for the advice, has anyone actually done a dyno comparison of a before and after on something like this?

Is a TRD/HKS/TOM's muffler worth getting on a IS 200 [6 cyl ] auto? Or am i better off just getting a custom local brand?

Does a Trust intake icorporate a cold air box? [one that looks ok too not a back yard looking job]

Matt Could you PM me a price on the TRD/TOM's muffler, trust intake, Apex-i AFCii [how much diff does it make really?] and TRD grill? I am looking to do this over the next few months...

Cheers all..

If anything th afc will have the most effect on mods. I think if your on a budget, just get a locally made muffler, plus I dont think you can just buy name brand mufflers, like I bought my Trust PE2, but its cat back, not just the muff.

• 2 weeks later...