Have LS400 celsior, I had a new cam belt fitted ran ok for a couple of days then the fan switched on continualy running wont shut down to an idle can you help

I assume you are referring to the electric radiator fan?

There are a few possibilities. First check the connector at the thermostat and ensure it is connected securely. If the connector has come loose, the fan will stay on.

Secondly, check the fan relay....it may be sticking.

Thanks for the advise, The fan operation is not electric it runs on fluid thru a pump system thru a housing in the front of the motor with its own resavoir with a solenoid & relief valve, so far we have eliminated the computor but have found that the solenoid has 12 volts going into it & should have 5 comming out but is showing only 1 volt output, hopefully withj more testing we can find if this is the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Thanks for the advise, The fan operation is not electric it runs on fluid thru a pump system thru a housing in the front of the motor with its own resavoir with a solenoid & relief valve, so far we have eliminated the computor but have found that the solenoid has 12 volts going into it & should have 5 comming out but is showing only 1 volt output, hopefully withj more testing we can find if this is the problem.

Hi Kiwi NZ

I have exactly the same problem Have you got any futher to solving it??

Would really like to know. (see my posting of today)

Thanks Julian