Slide The Tail~

I want to drift my tezza~~~ dream about to do it every day and night.

I found it is really hard to do it with everything standard. I read the post which keith and other mates talked about the sway bars. But still not clear..

Will it be more easier to slide the tail around the corner after install a rear sway bar?

I never tried to rev my engine up to 5krpm in the corner to slide the tail, anyone tried? Fun????

Is it impossible to drift my tezza or make the tail slide with everything standard.. I feel sad about this. and i dont have lots of $$$ to put myself in the engine bay to get more power..

what kind of LSD does our standard tezzas have?

:(

well i am still practicin how to do it~ but i noe how to drift the car~

its easy before u go into a corner drop your car down to second gear then just rev the crap out of it~ but becarful dun lose it too much or else ur car will start doin dougnuts~ i am still practicin how to straighten the car properly after drifting the corner~!

but this is how i do it not sure~ because i think u hav a different version to me

cheers

carlo

hehehe, not easy, but as people may think, you dont need large amounts of power for drift. Basically, I have TEIN flex, on hardest settings, with rear cusco strut brace, and JIC front strut brace, wit the teins on the hardest settings, you can get the car sideways. Basically, what I have learnt to do, go nto a corner fast, hook it to the right (Assuming its a rh corner) the back should step out, once its out, floor it, this should start spinning the wheels, and keep the "arse end out" But yeah, dont do this on a public road ;)

Best, try practising in the wet in an empty LARGE car spot.

CIMG0036.JPG

CIMG0038.JPG

CIMG0048.JPG

good place to practice is either at lloyld elsmore close to the netball court they hav the meanest car park their~ or u if u want some initial d feel go up to point view drive~ very fun also very dangerous too~

carlo

Thanks for all your hints~~

Hey Tezz, where abouts is lloyld elsmore? in AKL? could you tell me how to get there?haha~~you sure the cops or security wont come?

I have been looking for a "playground" for a long time......

Exeter, thanks, my tezza is not an normal IS or RS, it is a Beems Qaulitat. gold rims came with the car. and red interior. also modelista odo guage like the one in my sign at the bottom.

cheers

Laurence

Well Drifting my Altezza has been quite easy.

It doesn't have enough power to keep it through the corner in the Dry but can easily in the wet. The LSD in my RS200 is standard but I find it is awesome and very tight. Car is standard.

But comparing it to something like my 180SX type x it has completly different to drift. Alot snappier and takes a bit more to get her out with around half the power.

Still fun though.

Well Drifting my Altezza has been quite easy.

It doesn't have enough power to keep it through the corner in the Dry but can easily in the wet. The LSD in my RS200 is standard but I find it is awesome and very tight. Car is standard.

But comparing it to something like my 180SX type x it has completly different to drift. Alot snappier and takes a bit more to get her out with around half the power.

Still fun though.

oh well , I have heard that drifting our tezzas in wet days is easier. Maybe i am not brave enough to do it in wet day....i havent tried....by the way , I dont know any places or car parks allow me to do it at day time or night time.

Do you know any?

Yes i agree that drifting our tezzas is different from drifting those nissans, we dont have that much power and less weight.

I believe drifting our tezzas will have lots of fun.....Better than other turbo charge RWDs

It isn't really worth Drifting in any carparks or on the road these days.

The police have no tolerance for it. It is classed as Dangerous driving and sustained loss of traction.

If they catch you they instantly take your car. You will have to go to court who will fine you and take your licence.

It is better to go to organised events. Begginers should go to events held in Baypark. Or grasskarnas.

If your Altezza is an IS200 you may have a little trouble breaking traction. This makes it difficult and dangerous for a beginer such as yourself.

Hey guys, I also love getting the altezza into a bit of sideways action, but because its to dangerous on the open road and therefore on the pocket when caught, I am looking for a willing car enthusiastic farmer to lend us a small piece of grass for a grass gymkhana.

They are alot of fun and it also teaches a bit of car control, so when I find a farmer willing I shall let you know

ps. Its also nicer on the tires :)

Yeah! Sorry I came in here late. Grass gymkhana is the only way to learn, then gravel road!!!! After years of rallying I can tell you exactly how hard it is on a car's paint!!

Lets chase up other car clubs and see who is running a gymkhana, and all go along. MX5 or MR2 or Honda or anyone!

Otherwise we need a handy farmer or a big carpark in the rain. It is very easy to throw your car away if you're not used to sliding it, and Altezzas are much too nice to do that to.

However EVERY driver should be able to drif their car with complete contol, so you can easily catch a slide and keep the car under control.

Meant to do something about lesson for club members, but haven't had the time yet. (or the venue!)

I did years of gravel rallying while living in South Africa, then joined South Auckland Car Club when I came back here. I used to organise things like this for them. Great fun!

keith

PS- those spacesaver tyres are the bizz for sliding. Two of those on the back only. Altezzas don't have an LSD unless someone fits an aftermarket one. They do make it easier to slide, and give faster acceleration out of a corner if you are sliding. Otherwise the inside wheel just spins. 3SGE Altezzas are difficult because all the power is at the top end and the traction is so good.

Someone find a car park we can use!!

well haha guys guess wat if u need a car park and brave enuf to practice in it i am all free to show u where is lloyld elsmore~ last time me and my mate went there for about 15 minutes had heapz of fun but then had to gapp it because scared the cops mite come~!!

its awesome though

carlo

Anyone volunteering to ask Council if we can use it one (wet) day. They often give permission for Clubs to do things like that. It just takes time to find the right person to talk to.

We used to close roads for street sprints and hill climbs. Places like the railway area behind manukau town centre were good. Any dis-used factory would do, if we can find the owners.

Altezzas don't have an LSD unless someone fits an aftermarket one.

Huh? I was under the impression that the Z and L edition RS200 manuals had them as well as them being available on some AS200s and some autos as options.

Reference:

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyot.../equipRS200.htm

Whew! Just went downstairs and jacked up one rear wheel on Greeneyes. Dam heavy cars! I just had to make sure I remembered correctly!

Anyway, one rear wheel in the air spins quite freely, so either the '99 RS200Z don't have LSDs. or they work very differently to my Datsun rally diff. If I jack up the Datsun it takes quite a lot of grunt to make those little clutches slide past one another.

I saw the listing on the link thanks. Certainly the new ones do.

Maybe the helical diff spins freely from the wheel side.

Anyway, I'll put one wheel in the gravel and try next time I'm out! :D

We can sort it out at a gymkahana...

keith

Yep, according to my source at Toyota, Altezzas either came with traction control

OR LSD, not both. Too many issues trying to get the two systems to work together.

Trying to find more info at the moment....

after read all your post. i feel a lot better~~~ haha~~Thanks everybody

yep,, taking our tezzas on those car parks or roads will cause lots of trouble and waste our $$ if without any permission.

I really hope we can have a well organized event for us so we can learn how to make our RWD useful and also have a bit of fun together~~~

cross my finger and pray~~~

Keith, according to what my teacher said to me, most of modern vehicle have LSD and some 4wd even have 3~~

I think for RWD vehicles LSD is a very important thing to have......For better handling in corners.

I get confused about those 1.5 way LSD, 2 way LSD...etc.... I dont know what the hell are they and what difference between them and our stock LSD....

If i am wrong please correct me....

cheers~~

Hmmm, OK Richard. I've got traction control anyway.

Aaron, how do you know you have an LSD in your Hoonmobile?

Yep, me too, and I jacked the car up and confirmed it was a single spinner when

I first got it. (oh and its a RS200Z)

Interesting bit of info, you have to change or modify the side(drive?) shafts when

fitting the TRD LSD diff. (for both the SXE10 and GXE10)