Thunderbird 2 Has Landed! Sydney Rollcall!

Hey all,

Sydneysider here just announcing myself in the forums here.

Have also dropped some posts in at Toymods (great forum that) - follow this link for more on my car and my PLANS!!! B)

http://au.lexusownersclub.com.com/385wr

Are there many Sydneysiders here? I've met a couple of you online, and one in person (hey Edwin) - i am now the proud owner of Edwin's old Eibach springs, hope to get them installed next week.

Once this rollcall is sorted out, perhaps, dare i suggest, a bit of a meet up and drive???? :rolleyes:

matt

Welcome Matt!

Man, Ive tried, but these guys wont budge, no one wants to meetup!!! Ive met Edwin a couple of times, aswell as his cuz Stephen, but thats it. Ohh and Matt (FryLai) is the parts man, anything you wont, he has thoe hook up!

Hey all,

Sydneysider here just announcing myself in the forums here.

Have also dropped some posts in at Toymods (great forum that) - follow this link for more on my car and my PLANS!!! B)

http://au.lexusownersclub.com.com/385wr

Are there many Sydneysiders here? I've met a couple of you online, and one in person (hey Edwin) - i am now the proud owner of Edwin's old Eibach springs, hope to get them installed next week.

Once this rollcall is sorted out, perhaps, dare i suggest, a bit of a meet up and drive???? :rolleyes:

matt

Welcome :)

wattaya talkin bout !!! been all trying to meet up for AGES !!

ok.. I know someone has mentioned like a cruise or meetup on some long weekend thats coming up... so lets all get a short list of who's really keen and whatsa good central meeting up place and where you all wanna cruise...

personally I think the wollongong is too far and most of the time you on the freaking freeway !!! :)

sunday is a good lazy azz day through the city, round bondi, up manly, wherever there is traffic moving!! :D

IMAGINE.... 10+ IS200s bumper to bumper

oh and welcome MATT !!!

Who's ever organising - Im down for that cruise !! :)

wattaya talkin bout !!! been all trying to meet up for AGES !!

ok.. I know someone has mentioned like a cruise or meetup on some long weekend thats coming up... so lets all get a short list of who's really keen and whatsa good central meeting up place and where you all wanna cruise...

personally I think the wollongong is too far and most of the time you on the freaking freeway !!! :)

sunday is a good lazy azz day through the city, round bondi, up manly, wherever there is traffic moving!! :D

IMAGINE.... 10+ IS200s bumper to bumper

oh and welcome MATT !!!

Who's ever organising - Im down for that cruise !! :)

...and a lap around Sydney City Lexus's multi-level carpark :lol:

The purpose of the Wollongong drive is not to actually drive to Wollongong, but to drive to Stanwell Tops through the National Park. I will in fact be peeling off and heading up the escarpment. There are two ways up, either Macquarie Pass which is awesome if there's no traffic, or Jambaroo Pass, which has it's own charms!

Come along and you will see what i mean! I don't fancy cruises through the city that much - IMHO, there's no point organising a cruise if your just going to bum around the city trying to get attention from people who don't know what an Altezza is, and spend most of the time waiting for each other to get through traffic lights :blink:

The best cruises I have been on so far are either south via the National Park or north via Wisemans and the Old Road.

If anyone of you haven't done that, then let me know, i will be happy to give you a personal tour of these wonderful roads...

In fact, my friends and I often do midnight runs up north. Come along sometime, it's more fun then you realise! :D

Matt

...Doing time is she?

I'm notorious for organising runs at rather short notice, and in my experience, the amount of warning you give is proportionate to the number of cars you get along to the meet!

So - let's start organising something shall we? Best place to do so is probably on the Toymods forums, as they have a section for it, but there are only a handful of IS's there that I can find, so i can let them know about a thread we may have on here.

What dates are the long weekend? We need to set a day in concrete so people can start organising their calenders in advance, and get their people to talk to other people etc etc... :D

Of course!

OK gang - tomorrow, if you feel like a drive meet under the Glebe Island bridge at Liquidity at 11:45am!

A couple of us will be there, and no, we don't bite!

Come on Sydneysiders!! Consider it a warm up for the 'proposed' long weekend meetup!

matt

Well, you guys missed a great cruise today!

Had a good run through part of the National Park, until we got held up by a V8 Hoden Yacht, and then a bunch of other cars. There was one car that got away though, and walked away from the few motorbikes who gave chase.

We met up with him at Stanwell Tops... and he gave me a ride! The car? A 540kg 1.6 litre 20V PRB Clubman.

prb2.jpg

It was so awesome... SO QUICK! I WANT ONE!!!

From there we ran down the mountain, around Wollongong, and back up Macquarie Pass. Had a good run up there, and Thunderbird 2 showed her exceptional chassis balance (stock at the moment) and I juuust managed to keep my mates in the Clio Sports honest, despite the weight/power deficit. Did I mention I currently have different front/back tires!

Love this car! :D

All in all a great day, HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU ON THE NEXT RUN!!!!

Which is when?????

*sigh* do I have to start a suitable thread to get you lot organised? :huh:

Matt