Is250x Pics? And Cost Of New Is250

Hi JML,

I have finally decided on a black with ivory, took the IS250X for a drive this weekend and darn those 18's make a big difference to the steering. The car steering is so much better than the service car with 16's I was driving. Unfortunately the 73K price tag is out of my budget. I think I am going for a prestiege with enhancement pack. So far I have a deal of 64K on a 07 model, but thats with no wheels. So for wheels and tyres looks like thats going to set me back around 4K. So all up around 68K. I am looking to buy in the next month or so. Just need to sell off my old IS200 :)

I must say that the Black looks really, really nice. I can even see the puddle lights from your cars reflection :)

Thanks Mahera :)

Danggg mann that looks veryy nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowee that a tough choice between sports rim and X rim. What does everyone else think?

Pricing I have from Melb Lexus for Rims with no tyres:

The Sports alloys $2650.00. The Blade alloys are $2156.00

Not sure which rims to get hmmm :unsure:

Sorry to hear about your stone chips, do know which clear bra you are going to get? is it a 3M or are there any others around nsw? I was looking at http://www.ozicozi.com.au/ but not sure how good they are. Where are your chips? mainly on the bonnet?

As for the paint, I suggest some paint proteciton, my current Black IS200 has the Paint protection from www.infinityauto.com.au. It works wonders when it comes to looking after the paint, real easy to wash and after 4 yrs the car looks like new, people always comment on that.

As for Rim damage a lot of people suggest tyres with curb protection. Not sure how good they are any opinions anyone??

Hi Naz,

This morning I just got back a reply from Sewell in regards to another email I have sent to them about the rim sizes for their 18" Graphite alloys and here is their reply...

"Speaking from experience, yes our US wheels fit the AU Lexus models just fine. There is not a difference between the various wheels, except style. We'll have the offsets updated on our website shortly.

Always a pleasure,

Darrel Diller

Internet Customer Relations

Sewell Lexus Online

sewellpartsonline.com

If we have the wheels here, why go overseas? For peace of mind, i would not risk it.

Hi ldc,

It’s actually for the Graphite coloured Sports alloys that currently Aus Lexus doesn’t sell here. If I was to go ahead with the X alloys, I would just get them here as the price difference isn't that much.

Hey JML,

That's awesome news, it's bad how the everyone tries to scare you out of getting it from overseas. I have just been told the dealers here can supply the new graphite wheel for $3674.00 inc GST. Personally I am a big fan of the OEM wheels rather than the aftermarket ones, just because there is so much trouble with trying to fit aftermarket rims and then worry about rubbing etc.

I am going sleep on it for a little I think :)

So far I am thinking of other things I need to get if I get an ivory interior. I think the clear mats might be a good option ;) OOh and the IPOD kit looks good wonder if it does video too?

Also guy's what tyres do you suggest going for as alternatives. So far I have the Dunlop Sports Maxx as an option. Costs are:

WHEELS FRONT - Front Tyres $690 - Dunlop SP Sport Max 225/40/18

WHEELS REAR - Rear Tyres $1,060 - Dunlop SP Sport Max 255/40/18

I don't want to compromise on ride quality, but I am sure there are equally good tyres out there for cheaper ?? or am I in the wrong here? What do you guys think?

Also guy's what tyres do you suggest going for as alternatives. So far I have the Dunlop Sports Maxx as an option. Costs are:

WHEELS FRONT - Front Tyres $690 - Dunlop SP Sport Max 225/40/18

WHEELS REAR - Rear Tyres $1,060 - Dunlop SP Sport Max 255/40/18

I don't want to compromise on ride quality, but I am sure there are equally good tyres out there for cheaper ?? or am I in the wrong here? What do you guys think?

I have those tyres on mine and they are great. I know some of the Sports IS250's come with Yokohama tyres you might want to have a look at those as well, unfortunately with the staggered fitting wheels you are always limited in choice. I had the same problem when I changed the wheels on my car.

Thanks Mahera :)

Danggg mann that looks veryy nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowee that a tough choice between sports rim and X rim. What does everyone else think?

Pricing I have from Melb Lexus for Rims with no tyres:

The Sports alloys $2650.00. The Blade alloys are $2156.00

Not sure which rims to get hmmm :unsure:

Sorry to hear about your stone chips, do know which clear bra you are going to get? is it a 3M or are there any others around nsw? I was looking at http://www.ozicozi.com.au/ but not sure how good they are. Where are your chips? mainly on the bonnet?

As for the paint, I suggest some paint proteciton, my current Black IS200 has the Paint protection from www.infinityauto.com.au. It works wonders when it comes to looking after the paint, real easy to wash and after 4 yrs the car looks like new, people always comment on that.

As for Rim damage a lot of people suggest tyres with curb protection. Not sure how good they are any opinions anyone??

Its the bonnet which is taking the damage. With all the 60 speed limit and school zones around, I've been driving less than 70km/h the whole time and still gets it. I'm looking at ozicozi too, they quoted me 550AU for the car a month ago but I never have the time to do it. I have never heard of infinityauto and isn't clear bras better?

What's tyres with curb protection?

On the other note, Sewell has this OEM IS-F wheels that looks really good, for 7000USD, will anyone get it?

I have those tyres on mine and they are great. I know some of the Sports IS250's come with Yokohama tyres you might want to have a look at those as well, unfortunately with the staggered fitting wheels you are always limited in choice. I had the same problem when I changed the wheels on my car.

Sports and Sports Lux comes only in Dunlop Sport Maxx. If it's anything else then the dealer has done something to the tyres.

Kerb protectors are just bits of the tyre that help minimise damage to the alloy wheels if you hit a kerb. Basically the tyres are your bumpers for your wheels but it doesn't protect it that well. Best way to not damage your wheels is by not running into them in the first place. :) Try using the auto dipping mirrors to help you guide your car away from the kerb.

Those graphite wheels from lexus melbourne is expensive $3674 is that with tyres or without,

Sewell lexus in usa has those oem wheels if without tyres is $1200 less delivered to your house in australia for $2472 AUD.

I have the sport it would be nice to have a another set silver and graphite.

Hmm tough call, I think for peace of mind I will get them from here, I am tossing up as I am going to get a black car, to go with either the IS250 Sports Rim or the Is250X Rim hmmm

Any thoughts from you guys as to which looks better?

Between the two i'd get the Sports one. To me the X wheels look good at a glance and on it's own, but from a whole car's perspective they make the car look alittle cheap..especially after look at it for a while.

4SA%20SPORTS.JPGlexus-is250x.jpg

Hmm tough call, I think for peace of mind I will get them from here, I am tossing up as I am going to get a black car, to go with either the IS250 Sports Rim or the Is250X Rim hmmm

Any thoughts from you guys as to which looks better?

So you plan to purchase the rims from Melbourne are you? If its possible, I'll get a X rim with you, I can't bring it for repair and then the next month it happens again, so I'll do rotation whenever that happens with an extra rim.

No worries I will check if that is an option, I am still thinking about my options, I may end up going with the sports rim instead but will keep you posted :)

• 7 months later...

Hi Folks,

Don't know if this thread is still active, but just thought I'd add some newer pricing. I just got off the phone to Melb. City Lexus & they're now charging:

IS250 Blade Alloys set x 4 - $1550 (+ ~$150 freight to SYD).

IS250 F1 Alloys set x 4 - $1700 (+ ~$150 freight to SYD).

Pix on their website.

Hope this helps...