• 2 months later...
How is this group buy thingie going?

heard it went well but the cost was a little more than expected due to customs

It went relatively well. We got the goods in about a week, and had online tracking which we all checked regularly. Customs was $470 for about $3000 in parts. All parts were well packaged, and all arrived at my place 2 massive boxes in perfect condition.

With customs, delivery and parts, one of the other members got the full kit delivered for almost smack on $1000. I got the full kit and a couple of extra goodies (F-Sport intake, and Lexus lock nuts) for about $1500 all up. I installed all parts myself so I was happy with the price I paid. Loving the F-Sport intake...

I notice that Sewell has further discounted the kit, but that's the way it goes.

I will take some better shots on the weekend, but until then here is all I took during the install of the intake

Intake parts - prior to installing

post-1773-1221132223_thumb.jpg

Intake installed - before putting engine cover back on.

post-1773-1221132270_thumb.jpg

Yeah, intake is cool... installed mine last night and sounds yummy :)

DAMN I missed the body kit deals huh?? :(.. maybe next time.

• 1 month later...

Just got my new kit put on last weekend, U like??? <_<

Sorry, I thought this topic needed a bit of a bump!! :rolleyes:

Anyone buying anything from O/S anytime soon or are we waiting for the dollar to improve??

I really would like to get a front lip and perhaps the F-sport intake!!!

p9888657.jpg

lol @ dollarness.

Anyone wanting to part with what they got?

Driving the IS-F on Sunday so I will probably have my car, maybe a kidney or some other bits I might be able to do without, for sale after that.

Can you wait until then?

lol @ dollarness.

Driving the IS-F on Sunday so I will probably have my car, maybe a kidney or some other bits I might be able to do without, for sale after that.

Can you wait until then?

I might be in the same boat if I don't stay strong!! I got the phone call the other day inviteing me to do the same! I must stay strong!! I will be strong!! I think!!! :huh:

lol @ dollarness.

Can you wait until then?

What bits in particular?

lol @ dollarness.

Can you wait until then?

What bits in particular?

Go a kidney mate!!! :blink: HAHAHA!!!

I think Art is joking brother!!!

And if he's not, lets not push him out of his 250 before time!!! He will be all alone in the "new" IS-F thread then and we don't want that do we!! <_<

I will take some better shots on the weekend, but until then here is all I took during the install of the intake

Intake parts - prior to installing

post-1773-1221132223_thumb.jpg

Intake installed - before putting engine cover back on.

post-1773-1221132270_thumb.jpg

Hey steven250,

What's the main difference between the stock air box and the F-sport air box? Can you fix a POD filter inside the box?

Hey steven250,

What's the main difference between the stock air box and the F-sport air box? Can you fix a POD filter inside the box?

The lower part of the box just has extra hole (facing the front of the car), and is smoother on the inside, other than that it is pretty much the same shape as the original one. The top part or the box retains the existing part.

So it is no more suitable for a pod than the original.